A tale of good customer service

Montrose

Registered
Well, since we're all good at sharing stories of mistreatment in Buenos Aires I thought I'd share an experience I just had of some great customer service.

Today I bought a nice 240 peso leather bag at a discount leather store near my house, happily went home and sprayed it with a leather protector (not purchased from the same store) which I use on all my leather goods without a problem. Much to my disappointment, it left white marks all over the bag which I could not remove, and my heart sank thinking I just blew 240 pesos and a nice bag.

Just to see if anything could be done, I took it back and, to my surprise, they immediately exchanged the bag without argument and couldn't have been nicer about it.

So, if anyone needs bags, wallets, belts or shoes for men and women, I suggest you go to:

Calzados Silvia, Austria 1828 (between Beruti and Arenales)

They have pretty classic styles, nothing outrageously trendy but I'm really happy with my bag and obviously their excellent service.

Aren't you at all curious why the white spots appeared on the bag when no other leather reacted so? Was it possible that the bag was not free of defect?

Maybe it's pleather? Hence they were "happy" to take back their "leather" bag..
The only reason I say this.. even in Europe or the US (especially) known for very good customer service (the customer is always right policy).. they would most likely not take back a real leather bag that you admittingly damaged...

Yeah when I bought it they assured it was leather, but it definitely reacted differently to the spray than any other leather I have. So, it's either not real leather, or it's treated with something (it's shiny, not patent, but shiny). When I went back to the store I brought the spray with me and they examined it, then exchanged the bag. Maybe it WAS defective, I don't know.

Either way, I like the bag and, for the record, it smells like leather.

There's a lot of fake leather that could fool most in BA. Even the high end Prune store has a huge fake line. Still georgous.

jb5 said:
Even the high end Prune store has a huge fake line. Still georgous.

NO! say it aint so. I was sure that my wife's Prune handbags were made from real Prunes.

I have to say that, in the course of remodelling my apartment, I really only had one bad experience, and they still did everything they said they would, they were just very grumpy- I think it was a son who inherited the family business, and hated it, but just couldnt NOT run it.
I have had a lot of good customer service experiences, including an antique shop that takes in MY furniture, stuff that I make myself in the US, and has it upholstered for me, for very little- basically their cost. Also had good experience with them rewiring antique lamps that I didnt even buy from them.

Sure, there are plenty of cheapjack hustlers in the naked city, but also a lot of pretty nice people, I have found.

Did you hear that the salesperson at the store was beaten to death by the store owner? No charges were filed against the store owner,

Back