A visa renewal ? - can some experts weigh in

citygirl

Registered
To whit - I had a discussion with a friend of mine about a situation last night and I'm curious if anyone knows the answer.

Person A started a company. Company was certified and could employee foreigners and Person A then got a job with the company as general manager. Person A got temp residency and DNI.

Company was then dissolved in essence and Person A began working as a monotributista.

Temp residency for Person A will expire in a few months. Person A has been advised by the lawyer that there won't be any questions and the renewal will be automatically granted.

I didn't think it was possible since company that sponsored Person A's work visa no longer officially exists (although technically it hasn't been sold yet). So Person A would not be able (AFAIK) to get a work visa and temp residency. But that would I assume mean that Migraciones would have to cross-check and verify that the company operational status which maybe they don't do?

But I don't actually have any idea what the official answer is - does anyone? It's an interesting theory if it works.

I doubt he will be able to renew unless palms are greased. When my business visa was up for renewal, the lawyers (supposedly one of the top in the country) said there would be no problems. However my visa was denied as I hadn't yet filed ganancias and ingresos brutos (although we had registerd) due to lengthy renovation works before habilitacion could occur and the business open to the public. We presented evidence of all the work we had done, but they didn't care.

Case 2, a friend of mine had a temporary visa based on working at a friend's company. They came and checked up on him and he wasn't working there and got a deportation order instead.

I'm no expert in this particular scenario, just to say migraciones are quite rigorous. Interested in what others have to say...

The person has a lawyer AFAIK or a gestor. This is just my curiosity (and desire to be proven correct:p)

I did laugh b/c during the discussion about this case, my point was that it's absolutely illogical and there is no way that the person could get a renewal since there is no grounds for renewing the residency if the original company isn't really in existence to grant him another work visa. The counterpoint was it's Argentina and if it's illogical, it probably will work. LOL - fair point!

Curiosity at this point but it was an interesting case to hear about. My thought is they won't get a renewal but I honestly don't know, hence my questions.

I don't think they'll get a renewal... The work visa applies to "contracted" employees. I had a look into this a while back and it was impossible.

Companies must renew their permit to hire foreigners every year. So, unless those para-legal plan to falsificate the company papers, there is no chance for your friend to get a renewal.

DNM also send inspectors to check that the company is not a ghost.

Regards

Thanks everyone. And yes bajo_cero, I definitely agree that DNM does inspections. The company I manage had three inspections when we got permission to employee extranjeros and we also have been getting lots of requests/inspections from other agencies as well (just one today - the Inspección General de Justicia ) and they are requiring us to submit records and verify information.

I'll be curious to see what happens here.

I gained my original temporary residency as an inversionista. The original business failed but I started using the assets of that business for a new business as a monotributista. So this is a very similar situation to the one described.

I was refused a new temporary residency but was given a descretionary transitory residency for 12 months during which time I was told to make a new application. I was told this would not be renewed but by this time I had been in Argentina 2 years and claimed my rights to stay in the country via the constitutional ombudsman. That gained me another year but as I wasnt familiar with the requirements of Citizenship I wasted that year.

I married at the end of the third year so it became irrelavent after that.

Ooh interesting solerboy - thank you for that. Appreciate your sharing your story.

Citygirl, something about you turns me on so much

Would you ever consider a date with a 37 year old virgin expat with no money =?

Something about your name tells me no. City............. Girl...... ?

Back