A warning and a recommendation

MacDaddy

Registered
Just wanted to give a warning about Palermo Propiedades, in case you're thinking of renting or buying from them - don't!
They're fairly new to the furnished, short-term rental market - which is fine, everyone's allowed to make mistakes, and I'm the first to forgive if apologies are given and actions are taken to make amends. But these were not done, which is why I'm writing.
Many promises of things that would be taken care of before we moved in did not get taken care of until many weeks after we moved in, such as no functioning internet or telephone and a very unclean apartment - filthy curtains, dirty dishes under the sink (!), etc.
Basically, they threw up all kinds of hoops to jump through and made the entire process way more difficult than it should have been. Really poor customer service and follow-up. And to top it all off, I recently learned that the one employee who was trying to do good things at the company was just fired for trying to turn things around!
So I'd recommend that people steer clear of this agency.

While I'm on the subject, one agency I can recommend in town is Room Argentina, a mother and daughter business mainly specializing in short-term furnished apartments in San Telmo. We rented three apartments from them when we were first in town, and it was a pleasant, refreshingly simple experience. They're not perfect - they can be a bit flaky at times - but when it comes down to it, they're honest and strive to do the right thing.

Back