About Airlines Fares! need help

lamarque

Registered
Hello all, i know that this subject has been discussed already but i need to know if anybody had try to buy a airline ticket in www.despegar.com.ar in the other open topics no one finish clarifying if at the end work for someone or didn’t work and what happen if they realize that you are not Argentinian.
The situation is the next, i have my citizenship already so i can fly with the fares on that site, but my girlfriend is German and is just arriving (perma tourist) and we want to go to iguazu, the prices to take a flight there from Bs.As are cheaper by air than by bus, but more important than the money is the time it takes to go by bus.
So if anyone has try to do this i appreciate any information you can provide us, i have my own credit card in a Argentine Bank so i can buy the ticket online. And if anyone know what can happen if i just buy the tickets and go like that to the airport with my girl please let me know, really need this information, the price for the ticket is more than 2 times bigger if she buy the ticket in a foreign site.

Hi lamarque, you might want to check TAM flights to Ciudad del Este (AGT) via ASU. Prices are less then half of what AR charges non-citizens...

Lobo Marino said:
Hi lamarque, you might want to check TAM flights to Ciudad del Este (AGT) via ASU. Prices are less then half of what AR charges non-citizens...

From Bs As to Iguazu is still expensive by Tam, where did you found a good price? any good flight search beside Despegar.com.ar? and i still need to know about if i can just buy the ticket in despegar.com.ar and just fly? i don't find any advice telling that this prices of the sites are only for Argentines, and i don't know what could happen if i just buy the ticket there, cheapest price i found from buenos Aires to Iguazu is 170 euros go and back in despegar.com in other places is 390 euros so there is a big gap between the price that Argentines pay and the rate foreigners pay.

PS- TAM was just bought by LAN Chile, so that might affect things as well.

lamarque said:
From Bs As to Iguazu is still expensive by Tam, where did you found a good price? any good flight search beside Despegar.com.ar? and i still need to know about if i can just buy the ticket in despegar.com.ar and just fly?

Domestic flights on AR are subsidized by Argentine Government for residents. I wouldnt risk losing the flight upon checkin just in order to save some 200 EU. In some other thread someone reported to have been lucky travelling with carry-on only and doing the online-checkin, but personally I dont think its worth all the hassle you might encounter...

All cross-border flights are equally priced for rsidents and non-residents alike. Thats why it is cheaper to fly to Ciudad del Este, PY, (which is just across the river to Foz do Iguacu, BRA, which is just across the river to Puerto Iguazu, ARG). Flights to Foz are via GRU, which is much longer and hence more expensive.

Return flights on TAM EZE-ASU-ART return for Aug 01 til 05 still available for less then 200 EU/person. And the best part is: you can avoid flying Aerolineas :)

Your girlfirend can book for the two of you via opodo, expedia, billigflieger or any other german travel website.

Suerte!

Good info on flying via Paraguay. Just one correction. the flight path is EZE-ASU-AGT, not ART

Not sure if its still the case but the last time i flew the route TAM gave us a meal and a few drinks - much better than the sandwich box you get from Aerolineas.

There are other thread on this. kindly do a search.
From my own experience, I've done this 2 different ways
1) book tickets online and pay in Aerolineas Argentina's office. Because although I don't have a DNI, i argued to them that I am here on a work permit not a tourist visa so i paid my tax and are entitled to a DNI though i have not applied for it. The clerk actually accepted after talking to her supervisor. I paid in resident rate.
2) Another time I was traveling with a resident friend, he paid for both of us online with his Argentine Credit card. We get resident rate and knowing that I would need to do a counter checkin(requires an ID) if I bring checkin luggage, i did web check in in the hope that my document to not be verified. But still somehow I got directed to the counter, though not a single question was raised.

how much would a flight to santiago del estero be roundtrip?? I have an old dni card, actually expired ! can I still use it? to get the resident rate??

Back