Adding a wiki

camel

Registered
Admins, does this forum software have a wiki add-on?

This forum is full of useful information. But finding it by looking through threads isn't the best way, and the information changes over time. KhairyExpat put together a thread a while back on immigration procedures & requirements, but he kept having to update it by adding new posts to the thread. This stuff would be perfect for a wiki. Years later, new people could update it as things change.

In one of our previous incarnations, we already had a wiki. And it didn't work out so well. It is a tedious job to maintain a wiki, and people are reluctant to do it.

When you are helping somebody, you are getting an immediate gratification. When you are updating a wiki and somebody reads it, say, a month later, does it really make you happy?

And what is more important, wiki gives people an impression that it provides a "finalized" version of all the answers, so there is no point of asking anything anymore. And I believe the information is supposed to get refined and updated interactively. Maybe it is not a very efficient process, but it works.

I personally am against popularizing the information on Argentina citizenship on wiki which is on this thread to avoid unnecessary abuse of the citizenship laws of the country. And one of the reasons the border controls have become so strict in recent times. And as one can make out from recent new threads regarding the topic.

I personally am against popularizing the information on Argentina citizenship on wiki which is on this thread to avoid unnecessary abuse of the citizenship laws of the country. And one of the reasons the border controls have become so strict in recent times. And as one can make out from recent new threads regarding the topic.

Did you benefit from these same citizenship laws?

Did you benefit from these same citizenship laws?

How does it benefit you or the country by you - trying to shout from rooftops - about the citizenship laws of the country ; which will only make the immigration more stern/aggressive towards innocent people crossing the borders - maybe who want nothing. If anyone is interested, he/she will discover about it - you dont have to shout about it, at top of your voice from the rooptop ( literally speaking) . Complete you citizenship process, and enjoy your new citizenship.

Till government decides and enact laws to keep immigration info private from the public prying eyes, personal opinions don´t mean much.

Nothing is private. Everything is in the open thanks to this forum and thanks fb forum. Lets say -Shouting from rooftops, about it - is not the need of the hour..if some is really interested/keen about it, they will find about it.

I think a wiki would be a great idea to help the community.

Not sure about all this 'lets keep the secrets for us only , muhahahaha' (I'm paraphrasing a little).

Then again, on a practice level, as the admin says, it's probably quite a large and ongoing commitment which the community may not volunteer to help with. I certainly wouldn't have time to personally...

Cheers!

Could you please explain how knowing as much as possible about the citizenship laws of the country could lead to any kid of "abuse" of those laws as well as how or why that knowledge has led to border controls becoming so "strict" in recent times?

How does it benefit you or the country by you - trying to shout from rooftops - about the citizenship laws of the country ; which will only make the immigration more stern/aggressive towards innocent people crossing the borders - maybe who want nothing. If anyone is interested, he/she will discover about it - you dont have to shout about it, at top of your voice from the rooptop ( literally speaking) .

Could you please explain why immigration would become "more stern/aggressive toward "innocent people crossing the borders" if more of them knew about the citizenship process?

People crossing the border all want the same basic thing: to get into the country. Migraciones has nothing to do with the citizenship process (thanks to Dr. Rubilar and his opposition to the DNU 70/2017) and anyone who knows about the process will not show up at the border and say, "You have to Let me in. I'm going to apply for citizenship."

If they do, migraciones will just say no. It won't matter if they are stern, aggressive, or rolling on the floor laughing.

Nothing is private. Everything is in the open thanks to this forum and thanks fb forum. Lets say -Shouting from rooftops, about it - is not the need of the hour..if some is really interested/keen about it, they will find about it.

Could you please explain how anyone can complete (or even start their citizenship process without learning about it first...on (for example) a web page (including those in this forum) that comprehensively explains the process...including where to go to initiate it and ask questions about the requirements (residency, income, criminal background, etc.)?

Could you please explain how publishing information on an internet web page is ("literally speaking) shouting at (the) top of your voice from the rooftop?"

Perhaps you meant figuratively speaking instead of literally speaking?

Complete you citizenship process, and enjoy your new citizenship.

But don't publish information about how you got it because it might make migraciones stern and aggressive towards "innocent people crossing the border?

Back