Additional biometry data for residency

daio

Registered
After a few months living on precarias my wife was called by Migraciones for Intimado to get new biometry data. Does anyone know if this restarts the process and we have to wait a few months again or just a final step? And do I understand correctly that a new domicilio certificate is required?
Por la presente se lo intima a Ud. dentro de los 30 días de ésta notificación a presentar ante la Delegación de esta DNM con jurisdicción sobre su domicilio, la siguiente documentación: TENGO EL AGRADO DE DIRIGIRME A USTED A FIN DE INFORMAR QUE DEBERá PRESENTARSE DE LUNES A VIERNES DE 8HS A 13HS EN EL EDIFICIO Nº 3, SECTOR NO MERCOSUR, DE LA SEDE CENTRAL DE ESTA DIRECCIóN NACIONAL SITO EN AVENIDA ANTáRTIDA ARGENTINA Nº 1355 DE LA CIUDAD AUTóNOMA DE BUENOS AIRES, A FIN DE PROCEDER A REALIZAR NUEVAMENTE LA TOMA DE DATOS BIOMéTRICOS.

In plain English, what does "biometry" really mean? Retinal scan, fingerprints, what?

They get fingerprints and face photo — that's considered biometry
Huh! When I arrived most of a decade ago, they had me look into a retinal scanner at immigration. First and only time I ever saw one IRL

In any case, thank you for the courtesy of your reply, and I am relieved to hear it. Fingerprints & photo I can live with. Anything more than that is intrusive enough to make me uneasy.

Back