Adopting Children In Argentina

My wife and I are looking into this as well. My understand is that 1) in cases of abuse, the adoption laws are very good and cannot return to the mother and 2) if you say you are open to ANY kid, it speeds up the process quite a bit even for kids under 2 y/o (hard to come by here). I will update as I go through the process myself (I have been a perm resident for 5 years now, so we are eligible).

Suerte!

I'm into this myself, but in a very specific situation (dated a very young mother who just had her baby... Ended up taking care of the baby mostly by myself for the past 19 months... And of course, me encarine and she calls me Papa).

I'm not dating the mother since about 10 months but I kept taking care of the baby.

And what I was afraid about (and I even told that to the mother from the beginning) indeed happened: her next boyfriend (closer to her age) became jealous and blackmailed her, hence I saw the baby only two times during the past 6 weeks.

Can't tell all the details online but I had a lunch with the baby's grandmother & the 2 aunts today = trying to negotiate something.

I also got an excellent contact with a lady who runs such an institution = something can be done too.

I'll know better the developments within 8 days, meanwhile my nights are very short :(

Again, can't tell all the details so don't jump on conclusions reading what's above (there's a good reason why I want to have rights on the baby + the fact the whole family is on my side).

If you plan to bring the child to US, it will be a long process, you have to go back to (if you are from US), wait for social worker to interview years, you have go through their process, can not find your own child.

Back