Advice And Information For Future Expat In Ba

Thank you so much for this all information.

Does anyone know how to go enroll in a course for Spanish on UBA and how much cost?
Nobody Replying to email from there?!

And ... one more thing, is it okay that an employer to ask for position jobs in a bar and restaurant, for my picture in my CV?
Do not worry too much, if you come here, you will find something. If you are willing, you will find something.
You are competing with Argies, it's not that hard, no offese to the argies here. It's hard to make high income here, but
you will certainly find something.

Do not worry too much, if you come here, you will find something. If you are willing, you will find something.
You are competing with Argies, it's not that hard, no offese to the argies here. It's hard to make high income here, but
you will certainly find something.

Thank you for this. I know that. I mean i been in a lot of tough situations.
I'm coming to see another part of this part of the world, I do not need a high income and wealth, only to have enough to pay the rent and costs and have to go around and see another mentality and get to know people, and most importantly learn another foreign language.
Competition is everywhere so i am not scared,just i am here on forum to meet new people too and to learn more about some beginner steps and to get more information..

I do not want to have the feeling that when I comes, do not be like I fell from Mars :D
and to not come in situations with face like this :blink:

Make sure you have some savings Jovana and enough for a ticket home, especially if spanish is your plan as classes arent cheap these days. If you can, preferably bring some $s in cash so you dont get hit with the official rate when withdrawing/purchasing etc. Most of all, good luck!!

Hi Jovana...

With your language skills you might try the Hotel industry. BA has a lot of Hotels & a lot of tourism.
Also you might look into Balvanera, Monserrat, Boedo & Constitucion. as possible inexpensive neighborhoods.
Constitucion has a bad reputation but I live here for the past five years never had a real problem.
San Telmo is also very nice. One of my favorites in the city, lots of antiques stores, and sidewalk restaurants. But a little more expensive.
Also if you're coming in July & August that's the middle of Winter here. And it does get cold. Although coming from Canada you probably wont feel it that much. :)
Just make sure you bring some sweaters & heavy winter coat.

Below is a link to the city subway map. And a link to the city map.

http://www.subte.com.ar/mapas/subte.asp

http://mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/

Back