Advice on large apartment 2000+ sq. ft.

jb5 said:
Help me understand the issues. Is Recoletta the only sane place for a single woman to consider?

I am a local female married to an American expat, I would say Palermo, Puerto Madero, Recoleta, Belgrano, Las Cañitas, Caballito are all well connected neighborhoods, safe for a female expat

I could be wrong but but is this thread looks suspicious to me. It looks like threads that pop up here periodically where a person asks questions to draw people out. I can surmise the purpose behind this if I am correct.

Stanexpat said:
I could be wrong but but is this thread looks suspicious to me. It looks like threads that pop up here periodically where a person asks questions to draw people out. I can surmise the purpose behind this if I am correct.

Could you please tell us what you think the "purpose" actually is?

I must say that I did find it a bit "odd" that someone who would want a 2000 square foot apartment would hope to be able to furnish it for $10,000 US, but the original poster simply may not be aware how much more expensive electronics and furniture are here.

Return to the city. Check out the apartments. The most important thing is that you want to feel and be safe. Rent/buy where you feel the safest. Location is second, feeling and being safe is first.
Go to the location at different times on different days and nights. Then decide on the apartment.
Also, when you rent/buy your place it is a good idea not post the location.

Thank you everyone! I can assure you all I am earnest and nothing but someone with very little knowledge wanting to understand what would be involved in a move to BA. It makes me nervous that anyone would think otherwise. Between the comment on this thread and some comments on the women's threads, I'm understanding that there's a lot more involved than I understand at this point.

Clearly this is not like picking up and moving to NY from CA. That I knew. But there seems to be a dark side I can't quite get my hands around. Any illumination appreciated.

I'd be coming to BA as someone with resources, not on a tight budget as I see many do. I'm simply trying to understand if I would have a nice life there. The business opportunities are clearer to me than the lifestyle ones.

jb5 said:
I'd be coming to BA as someone with resources, not on a tight budget as I see many do.

When the ATM's allow less than US$ 100 a day & money transfer's are a nightmare and tightly regulated, you may find yourself on a budget anyway!

jb5 said:
Thank you everyone! I can assure you all I am earnest and nothing but someone with very little knowledge wanting to understand what would be involved in a move to BA. It makes me nervous that anyone would think otherwise.

Don't worry, jb5. If you click on Stanexpat's name and read some of his other posts you will understand.

Celia said:
When the ATM's allow less than US$ 100 a day & money transfer's are a nightmare and tightly regulated, you may find yourself on a budget anyway!

I am routinely able to make withdrawals of 600 pesos at numerous ATMs and actually use my US credit cards often (paying on line). A Charles Schwab ATM card will significantly cut down on the fees.

I did find the $600 ATM maximums on my visit, but I was able to take out all I wanted at the same machine in that demonation. Is this not always true?

jb5 said:
I did find the $600 ATM maximums on my visit, but I was able to take out all I wanted at the same machine in that demonation. Is this not always true?

That has been my experience as well.

Back