Advice requested for travel

Alpinista.
If you have a child here, you can get a family visa which gives permanent residency.
This has to be done through the Argentine embassy in wherever they’ll take the application.
Not sure if it has to be done in your country of birth or what’s the deal.
It took me around a month to get it sorted and the consul had to ask special permission from migraciones because they’re not issuing visas but it is doable.

Alpinista.
If you have a child here, you can get a family visa which gives permanent residency.
This has to be done through the Argentine embassy in wherever they’ll take the application.
Not sure if it has to be done in your country of birth or what’s the deal.
It took me around a month to get it sorted and the consul had to ask special permission from migraciones because they’re not issuing visas but it is doable.
Thank you Ronnie. Currently I am already with my family in Argentina. We just had in mind to go for a few weeks to Brazil on vaccation (enjoy the beaches, escape the lockdown madness here for a few weeks). Naturally, it would be nice, but if it is too complicated, then of course it is not worth to move heaven and earth for that.

After doing some more research, I found that Government will announce new rules on 25th October, Sunday.

Its of course possible, things may remain exactly the same or something may change.

So I will take the decision accordingly on Monday. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

--

Basis present rules, I must maintain strict quarantine on return and its not possible...to continue normal life for 14 days and is a punishable crime.

i mean, at this point you doing a 14 day quarantine or not doesn't matter anymore. let's be honest. your bigger problem upon return would be if your neighbors give you a hard time or not (if you have neighbors).

i'm not sure why you say it's impossible to quarantine anyway. it's absolutely possible if you are willing.

My working assumptions are (i) that air travel will never return to what is was and (ii) that border closures will continue to be a problem for at least another two years from now. I got my head around both very early (my case is more complicated than most, being Australian--a country with extremely strict entry and exit rules and every reason to keep them going for a long time) and so far it has served me well. If either one, or both, assumptions prove to be wrong, that will be great. If they come true, I will be ready.

Many countries are accepting a negative PCR test on arrival..This can easilybe accepted here in Argentina. But not sure, why they want to really crush the business trade and economy.

After doing some more research, I found that Government will announce new rules on 25th October, Sunday.

Its of course possible, things may remain exactly the same or something may change.

So I will take the decision accordingly on Monday. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

--

Basis present rules, I must maintain strict quarantine on return and its not possible...to continue normal life for 14 days and is a punishable crime.

So what's the punishment? Does anyone know someone who has been punished for not complying?

Back