Advice requested for travel

BankNote

Registered
Hi,

I have been sitting patiently in Argentina for last 7 months waiting for travel to become normal.

Meanwhile i have kicked lot of money/work in 7 months due to the inability to travel.

I am running out of patience.

I have some work in Brazil at end of October. I want to travel.
However, when I come back, I can not stay holed up for 14 days..

I dont mind doing a PCR test immediately on arrival.

What do you think are my options?

What would you advice me?

Hi,

I have been sitting patiently in Argentina for last 7 months waiting for travel to become normal.

Meanwhile i have kicked lot of money/work in 7 months due to the inability to travel.

I am running out of patience.

I have some work in Brazil at end of October. I want to travel.
However, when I come back, I can not stay holed up for 14 days..

I dont mind doing a PCR test immediately on arrival.

What do you think are my options?

What would you advice me?
Your only options are:
A) abide by the law and do your quarantine
B) don’t abide by the law and don’t do quarantine, at your own risk
C) relocate to another country which is more convenient for your travel/ work plans until Argentina normalizes

The pandemic is not going anywhere soon, especially within Argentina so don’t bet on miracles or knowing what the short term future holds if you have money / work on the line. Just be pragmatic and brutally realistic even if it means murdering that last piece of hope and optimism deep in your soul... it will come back when it sees results.

i don't think there is any issue with leaving. just be prepared to stay out unless you are a citizen or resident.

What antipodean says.
You sign the declaración jurada you takes your chance.
Taking a PCR tests makes no difference just sting your nose for no reason.

i don't think there is any issue with leaving. just be prepared to stay out unless you are a citizen or resident.
I am a citizen.

Can't stay out.

Have to return.

But cant stay holed 14 days..

Hello Banknote....I am in much the same status as you....and I read the following this morning....which is very discouraging for me as I want someone who is not a resident to come here....and to you. Very discouraging. https://secretsofbuenosaires.com/argentina-travel-update-when-will-tourism-resume/
Thanks for the link.

I know that only Argentine passport holders and those with a residency can enter Argentina. However, I have read somewhere that non-residents who have children in Argentina are also allowed to enter (as tourists?). Does anyone have information regarding that? If I were to travel with my Arg-wife and Arg-kids to Brazil for example, would I get back into the country? Are there some special formalities regarding this? I wouldn't even mind the quarantine of 14 days.

Alpinista,

The sad truth is, everything is FROZEN. No in, no out, no return if you leave.

I have been pondering all of this very intently lately. You may recall my flight for this December was canceled ... I shared it in a previous post, not sure what thread??? Anyway, I ask myself, what now? What next?

My simple, easy answer is:

I think the best thing I can do, is to stay on the sidelines, until the world solves this problem.

Then I think to myself ... That very well will be 2, 3 or more years from today.

Then I further think to myself ... WOW! And then I get very serious with my next group of thoughts. This being:

If it will take 2 or 3 + years to get back to free and open travel, I had better have a very good plan for not throwing all that good time away.

So, that is where my mind is. How am I not going to throw all of this good time away?

And I answer to myself ... and I am quite serious in this:

#1) KEEP & STAY healthy. Take very good care of yourself. Work on yourself. IMPROVE.

#2) Keep your skills sharp and, or try to learn something new that will be very useful to you in the future.

#3) Use your extra free time to think and plan. Be very thankful the world is tiny when you have the power of the internet at your disposal.

#4) Use the forced shut down time to practice patience. Get control of yourself and behave on a level beyond most people.

#5) You can never have enough money, so keep throwing it on the pile.

This is the best I can come up with.

I welcome suggestions.

Back