Aerlolinas Credit Expiring. They aren't answering their phones.

jeff1234

Registered
In Jan. 2019 I booked a flight for two people to go from EZE to MIA in August. I used Expedia to reserve the seats on Aerolinas.
Expedia notified me that that the flight was cancelled and I had 12 months from the date of my original booking to make another reservation.
Today Expedia told me that 'Aerolinas has taken back control of my credit' so I have to contact them.
I tried every way I could think of to contact Aerolinas but it seems their phones are shut off and I can't find any information on their website.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to avoid losing my money (credit)?
I live about two hours from EZE, if I went there would I be able to get assistance?

Try contacting Aerolineas office in Miami.

Before cuarentena, whenever I had problems, I always called the Miami office. Always solved the problem for me.

i have seen a couple times that contacting them (writing) by whatsapp seems to work. if you hadn't already tried that.

i have seen a couple times that contacting them (writing) by whatsapp seems to work. if you hadn't already tried that.

This.
Takes a while but usually they respond, eventually.

In Jan. 2019 I booked a flight for two people to go from EZE to MIA in August. I used Expedia to reserve the seats on Aerolinas.
Expedia notified me that that the flight was cancelled and I had 12 months from the date of my original booking to make another reservation.
Today Expedia told me that 'Aerolinas has taken back control of my credit' so I have to contact them.
I tried every way I could think of to contact Aerolinas but it seems their phones are shut off and I can't find any information on their website.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to avoid losing my money (credit)?
I live about two hours from EZE, if I went there would I be able to get assistance?
This sounds weird. If you booked with a travel agent (Expedia) -- you deal with them not with the issuing/operating airline. Not sure what "taken back control means". Please, call Expedia again and talk to a different agent. Generally, you always deal with the issuing agent when there is a cancelation or change of time BEFORE the flight commences.
If you do decide to reach out to AR don't bother with Whatsapp. Go straight to twitter and Facebook Messenger. They respond faster there.

Also, I don't think you have "credit" with AR, you have a canceled flight you need to reprogram for a future date.

Also, I don't think you have "credit" with AR, you have a canceled flight you need to reprogram for a future date.
[/QUOTE]

Correct. That happened to a friend of mine. She bought a ticket to travel in May (NY-BA), Aerolineas exchanged for December (as per her request) and now for next year. She ended buying a new ticket from American Airlines since she is traveling Wednesday.

This sounds weird. If you booked with a travel agent (Expedia) -- you deal with them not with the issuing/operating airline. Not sure what "taken back control means". Please, call Expedia again and talk to a different agent.

agreed! Expedia has no business to say "sorry, get lost". they are pretty much responsible to help you sort it out.

Back