Aerolineas Argentina

According to an article in today's Clarin, last year Aerolineas was subsidized by the K. government to the tune of 2,300 million pesos. But it is still owned by the Spanish group Marsans. Only in Argentina.
========================

Aerolíneas le costó al Estado $ 2.300 millones durante el último año

06:46 Son los aportes del fisco para cubrir el déficit de la empresa reestatizada en 2008. La compañía sigue siendo propiedad de la española Marsans.

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2010/02/12/um/m-02138727.htm

Just flew from Mendoza to BA on one of Aerolineas' new 737s and it was nice. Comfy seats and some smoking hot stewardesses. Read the airline magazine during the flight and in it the kid that they put in charge (some guy in his 30s is running Argentina's semi-nationalized airline; hope he's a real whiz kid) announced that Aerolineas has managed to secure a 670 million dollar loan from a Brazilian bank to buy a whole new fleet of Brazilian planes.

Hope they have a solid plan for all those new planes and all that new debt...

ssr said:
Just flew from Mendoza to BA on one of Aerolineas' new 737s and it was nice. Comfy seats and some smoking hot stewardesses. Read the airline magazine during the flight and in it the kid that they put in charge (some guy in his 30s is running Argentina's semi-nationalized airline; hope he's a real whiz kid) announced that Aerolineas has managed to secure a 670 million dollar loan from a Brazilian bank to buy a whole new fleet of Brazilian planes.

Hope they have a solid plan for all those new planes and all that new debt...

Yes I remember reading that magazine. I love the way his opening editorial is so optimistic, when in reality the airline is still a mess. That Brazilian deal made me laugh, a Brazilian loan for Brazilian planes. Are they really the best planes for the airline? But about time they are getting some new planes. Not sure about interconter, but domestic flights on the new 737´s aren´t that bad.

Back