Aerolineas Argentinas Chosen as Numero 1 in Latin America, by Travel Advisor

Domestic they are OK. Online system and customer service is complete shit though. Good safety record, still issues with delays/cancellations/union involvement. I would still take LATAM over Aerolineas international any day of the week - especially the new 787's LATAM has on long hauls. I don't mind Copa either.

I used to fly LAN but haven't since the merge. Aerolineas is usually the best deal (especially in cuotas) so we usually fly with them. Even during the K years. They also allow 2 checked bags while many of the others are down to one (at least they did the last time I flew.)

I don't enjoy flying, it's never pleasant.... There's only varying degrees of discomfort. For that, usually let my wallet do the choosing.

My clients who frequently fly domestic prefer them hands down to LATAM. And this even in the K era.
Last I flew LATAM international was 3 years ago, was great. Aerolineas was no worse though, plus direct, plus cuotas.
Their online system truly is shit, though. But that's what agencies are for...

I flew a lot with Lan and since the merge Latam, lately i change to Aerolineas argentinas. I think the last one is the way to go now a days way better and as of the last years they almost never get delayed. But if you are looking for cheap flight prices you can always fly with flybondi. Problem is that the airport that flybondy use is not as confortable for me as is aeroparque.

I’ve flown many times with Aerolíneas Argentinas (tip: I get miles with them on my Delta Skymiles account). I’d recommend them depending on what you’re lookin for.

1. The person-person customer service is excellent at the airport/in the air (not as great over the phone, and even worse over email [in my experience, they don’t always get back to you])
2. Economy seats on longer flights turn out to be pretty uncomfortable compared to Delta/ other major carriers
3. You really cannot beat the direct flight to NYC from EZE (I fly this route often)

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with them to Iguazu and back from Buenos Aires. Relatively comfortable seats and the pilot even did a banked flyover of the falls when on the return trip. Got some nice aerial shots of the falls to complete the trip.

Meh. The seats actually turn out not to be so tolerable on longer flights.

3. You really cannot beat the direct flight to NYC from EZE (I fly this route often)

I also fly often too NYC but use Copa . How is Aerolineas Argentina for NYC ( economy)? Care to elaborate, pls?

I also fly often too NYC but use Copa . How is Aerolineas Argentina for NYC ( economy)? Care to elaborate, pls?

Sure! My only complaint about the EZE-JFK flight is that economy seats could be more comfortable for longer-leg flights. Specifically, I’ve found the cushions to feel thinner than those on Delta, LATAM, American A, and United on the same/a similar route.

Other than that, the direct flight to JFK is super convenient. Pricing is almost always competitive (during the last two years anyway). In-flight customer service is a pleasure compared to many US-carrier experiences I’ve had in economy. The planes I’ve flown on have had USB/power outlets in economy. My luggage always arrives on time (btw, Delta charges a couple hundred bucks to check a bike while Aerolineas Argentinas does so for free). Food is fine for economy. Finally, I prefer overnight flights on long journeys, and the EZE-JFK route is overnight both ways.

Back