Aerolineas Argentinas? Visas And Paying In Cash

cmcg517

Registered
Hola todos,
I am writing to see if anyone has experience flying Aerolineas without a visa here. I want to go to the office in Belgrano and pay in cash for some tickets and I have a visa to live here, but my friend who is coming with me doesn't have a "residencia" visa. Will they let me buy them there in cash? Will they check at the airport for her visa? I have flown with LAN and they didn't but I have no experience with aerolineas.
Thanks for your help!

I don't have residency, and I have just bought a ticket in cash this monday. Not the first time i do it with Aerolineas. Never any problem.

What nationality is your friend? If she is from the US, Canada or Australia, she will have to pay the retaliation fee ("gasto en reciprocidad") online: http://embassyofargentina.us/embassyofargentina.us/en/consularsection/news.htm#entry

Aerolineas' Cabildo and Congreso de T. office. Paid in cash. The 20% charge is applied to the price. Plus they charge you a small fee for paying in cash.
One tip: make an online reservation just before you head to the office. This way you won't have any surprise differences in price. Bargain seats don't stay for sale for too long.

i love the fact tha they charge the reciprocity fees. well done argentina. Brazil does even better by asking to apply for a visa. excellent.

i love the fact tha they charge the reciprocity fees. well done argentina. Brazil does even better by asking to apply for a visa. excellent.

A foolish measure that lets the Camporistas feel righteous.

With all due respect, the US requires visitors to do the same thing and the process is a million times worse. The reciprocity fee seems like a crybaby tactic, but I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Back