aerolineas argentinas

mendozanow said:
The safety records are based on reported incidents, and anyone familiar with the airline industry knows how undependable the reporting rate is for airlines like Aerolineas is. The reporting rate for North American and European airlines (and LAN relative to Latin America) is very high, which skews the ratings, whereas it is low in Argentina. Things like crime rates, legal and administrative infractions and most other things are either often covered up or ignored in Argentina, as many here know.

the safety record is based on lives lost not on reported incidents. A few dodgy landings are ok if you actually arrive, better to land shook up than end up in the ocean.

Thanks for your replies guys....I am going to see if I can find another airline.

Come on fly areolineas.. you should be a little scared every day..

Actually if i could plan a little further in advance i would never fly with them again, but i have a very bad habbit of deciding at the last minute when i want to go and they are the only option, unless i am willing to wait for a month or two to get on LAN or Qantas...

Back