Affordable Opera at Colon

TarHeelBluze

Registered
I'm hoping in the next month or so to see an opera at the Teatro Colon, and was wondering the best way to find an affordable ticket.

Do they exist? I've seen people post on here before offering seats for U$D150, but I don't want to go that badly. Was hoping I might find something for less than U$D50. Any hope?

Thanks!

Going to the Colon is pretty reasonably priced. Have a look on the website. The seats on the third level directly in front (the seats on the side are not so good) are perfectly good and quite cheap. Plus there is standing room at the top which goes for 30 pesos or so.

I went to the Colon last month and while it wasnt opera, it was a ballet and only payed 200 pesos for the best available seating (3rd row), known as ¨platea¨

Ballet is much cheaper than opera at the colon. Up to 4x cheaper. All the better for me, I love ballet and most opera is a bit much for me

I checked the website and I could just find the number to the box office, any way to see both the shedule as the prices?

For opera the good seats run around USD $200, far from cheap. There is standing room of course but not on the main floor.

Concerts are the cheapest, so if your idea is just to get into the theatre you should study the website and prices. Keep in mind that if you buy the cheap seats you will have to enter through a side entrance and not the main entrance hall. Also you will be denied entrance to the Salon Dorado and the confiteria so you will miss major parts of the fabulous restoration.

Go to the theater and ask if there are any open rehearsals anytime soon ;)

You have to keep your eyes/ears open : last week there was a free concert of the orchestra estable, and this weekend a free ballet of "Carnaval de los animales..." I am sure they will do more free concerts like this in the future.

I check the Colon website somewhat regularly but find it confusing and difficult to navigate. But it sounds like I should just keep doing that and calling. Thanks to all for their help. John

TarHeelBluze said:
I check the Colon website somewhat regularly but find it confusing and difficult to navigate. But it sounds like I should just keep doing that and calling. Thanks to all for their help. John

I saw both free tickets too late, and I wasnt able to go so I let it pass, but next time I see something I will keep you posted. You can follow me on Twitter (kattib) where I usually post new things to do.

For free tickets you usually have to wait in line one day, to be able to go later that day or the next day.

On the Colon webpage free tickets are always on the home/start page.

Back