Affordable Place to Buy Wine...?

HotYogaTeacher

Registered
Hey All.

I usually buy directly from Nigel at 0800Vino but he's been unavailable this past 24 hours, not sure what's up there, and I need wine for a large gathering NOW. Anyone have any sugerencias for where to buy decent wine on the cheap and get it delivered today...?

Hmm any chino would deliver if you ask them, and they usually have the best prices for wines, etc ( not a huge variety though )

I have heard this phrase "chino" but don't know what it means. We have a Chinese food store behind our place but I know that's not what you're referring to. We have kioskos, granjas, supermercados, omnimercados, vinoytecas....

Supermercado Chino, that is ( Chinese ran grocery store ) there are many in each neighborhood ( more or less like an invasion ) Most wine deliveries only open late in the afternoon until the early am :p One of this stores is your best bet I think.

It's probably too late for you, but keep in mind that technically it is illegal to sell alcohol after 10:30pm. And most stores seem to honour this.

wreReynolds, thanks for that info, I did not know that. I have been here 2 years but am a morning person so never encountered the law. I will pass it along as needed. I did get in touch with Nigel and got what I needed during appropriate hours so all was well.
Here's to hoping I never NEED wine after 10:30pm, anywhere....

Back