Afip Will Start Charging Taxes To Netflix, Spotify And Airbn

gracielle

Registered
5 July 2017
https://www.cronista...70705-0066.html

The Federal Public Revenue Administration (AFIP) announced that it will start charging taxes to the digital platforms providing
services such as Netflix, Spotify or Airbnb. AFIP will order credit cards to act as retention agents, as explained by head of the
organization, Alberto Abad, during a press conference in the province of Córdoba. For now, it is unknown whether digital
companies will transfer the new tax cost to the price of their products.....

neteller.com virtual cards (based out of the Isle of Man) can be loaded up at LINK ATMs but its a 3% fee, but probably better than the tax.

neteller.com virtual cards (based out of the Isle of Man) can be loaded up at LINK ATMs but its a 3% fee, but probably better than the tax.

I feel like this is another language. I suppose I am not the most tech savvy person... what exactly is a virtual card based out of Isle of Man? Is this a VPN? How can you purchase at an ATM? Thanks in advance for your patience!

A VPN is a Virtual Private Network, it is a server that you can connect to so that your internet connection will be based in the US, or whatever country that you decide to connect to. Spotify and other services like that will see you as being in the US (though netflix has gotten good at cracking down on VPNs so it doesn't usually work with that).

If you check out cyberghostvpn.com they have a free one, with a premium option. The free one can take a couple minutes to connect to though, but you get what you pay for I guess.

The prepaid card is just a US dollar denominated debit card that you can use for online purchases. I think you can also get a physical card DHLed to you for a hefty fee. They just give you the number, expiration, 3 digit code, etc. The prepaid debit card is not based in Argentina, but in the Isle of Man (an island part of UK). This means that laws passed that affect Argentine accounts will not affect the Neteller card. You can load it up at ATMs in Argentina. See: https://www.neteller.com/en/fees

If you already have an account not based in Argentina, Airbnb shouldn't get taxed when using the non-Argentine account.

Back