BBVA withdrawing $ for AFIP

Utopos

Registered
I'm a permanent resident with U.S. citizenship. Last week I received a notification from Banco Frances BBVA about some new AFIP regs. It further stated that as I pay U.S. taxes, I need to provide my Stateside address to the bank, which I did.

I'm retired, all my income is from Social Security and a pension. I don't believe I need pay Argentine taxes.

Today I found 2 withdrawals, one for RG 4815/20 and the other for Impuesto Pais. Anyone else encountered this and/or have any idea if this is correct? The amounts were both relatively small ($1.408 & $250, pesos of course) but...

Any info would be appreciated.

Today I found 2 withdrawals, one for RG 4815/20 and the other for Impuesto Pais. Anyone else encountered this and/or have any idea if this is correct? The amounts were both relatively small ($1.408 & $250, pesos of course) but...

Any info would be appreciated.
Did you use your Argentine debit or credit card to purchase something in dollars or subscribe to a service like Netflix? These charges are associated with non-peso transactions. RG 4815/20 is also known as Perceptions of Income Tax and is refundable if you make under 400K ARS a month in a dependency relationship, or are a pensioner such as yourself (after a loss due to inflation) and the PAIS "Solidarity" tax is applied to all transactions made in foreign currencies and is not refundable unless it was for certain key items such as books or university tuition, or medication I believe.

Did you use your Argentine debit or credit card to purchase something in dollars or subscribe to a service like Netflix? These charges are associated with non-peso transactions. RG 4815/20 is also known as Perceptions of Income Tax and is refundable if you make under 400K ARS a month in a dependency relationship, or are a pensioner such as yourself (after a loss due to inflation) and the PAIS "Solidarity" tax is applied to all transactions made in foreign currencies and is not refundable unless it was for certain key items such as books or university tuition, or medication I believe.
Thanks Quilombo. I don't use an Argentine credit card and haven't purchased anything in dollars here. But I did use my BBVA debit card to pay for my Argentine daughter's Netflix (in pesos). I guess I'll have to consider this as part of the cost, as I imagine she'd be charged the same if I gave her cash to pay herself.

Thanks Quilombo. I don't use an Argentine credit card and haven't purchased anything in dollars here. But I did use my BBVA debit card to pay for my Argentine daughter's Netflix (in pesos). I guess I'll have to consider this as part of the cost, as I imagine she'd be charged the same if I gave her cash to pay herself.
No worries! And yes, that's to be expected, and yes she would have to pay it even if she paid herself and you gave her the cash. It is still cheaper than the US version, so that's why I switched billing countries myself when I moved back here.

Back