AFL Grand Final (the real football!)

pez

Registered
The AFL Grand Final is approaching.
Any Australians planning to watch the match?

Would if I could, havent found a place showing the GF in three years. Have to suffice with a shitty internet stream that falls out every 3 seconds.

Me too, but keep in mind it will be about 2am here.

I am quite confident that we are gonna be able to watch it here at El Alamo http://www.elalamobar.com/ in Recoleta.

The Granny is one of the handful of AFL games that are on US television (ESPN2). I just rang the bar and they say if worst comes to worst we could even stream it over the net and watch it on their TVs.

They are normally open until 4am but I am sure they will oblige us if it comes to the last quarter and there are 10 of us watching and buying their beers.

Carn you little sainters.

I heard a few mention El Alamo as well, might pop over on the night and see if its happening :)

Robward Eddert said:
I am quite confident that we are gonna be able to watch it here at El Alamo http://www.elalamobar.com/ in Recoleta.

The Granny is one of the handful of AFL games that are on US television (ESPN2). I just rang the bar and they say if worst comes to worst we could even stream it over the net and watch it on their TVs.

They are normally open until 4am but I am sure they will oblige us if it comes to the last quarter and there are 10 of us watching and buying their beers.

Carn you little sainters.
they say "open 24 hours a day":rolleyes:

The stream last year was beyond bad, however this year it seems AFL has come to the party, you can buy the game for about 5 bucks I think through the AFL website. It should be tv quality as well as long as you have a sufficient bandwidth.

yeap omnisport.tv has treated me well throughout the finals. i think the games cost $6 and they are live and the quality is good. but i would much prefer to be in a bar on friday night.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Expat Events 1
R Expat Life 19
R Entertainment 3
T Expat Life 0
S Expat Events 3
Back