Agent claims foreigners cannot sell a house for six years

Great! After a stranger proves having paid municipal taxes/ services for 10 years, he can claim ownership too.

Just paying taxes and municipal services isn't grounds for claiming ownership without having a title.

If I now understand correctly, the squatter has to actually occupy the property and live there for 20 years as if he was the owner.

PS: And the "squatter" in question is no stranger to the couple who (hopefully) owns the property.

He was the real estate agent who arranged the purchase.

I know someone who did that, living in an apartment next door from someone who was M-I-A; apparently the owner had disappeared and noone ever heard from him again. Now his former neighbor is the owner of the property.

Hopefully, the "parents" in this story had the escritura and the property was registered in their names.

If they didn't sign an escritura and/or the property is not registered in their names, they won't need a lawyer.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe just a therapist? (Just a joke/broma)

Just paying taxes and municipal services isn't grounds for claiming ownership without having a title.

If I now understand correctly, the squatter has to actually occupy the property and live there for 20 years as if he was the owner.

PS: And the "squatter" in question is no stranger to the couple who (hopefully) owns the property.

He was the real estate agent who arranged the purchase.

In fact it is enough. It is called usucapio. 10 years is with good faith and the typical case is where a wall of your property is 1 mts inside the neighbour’s property and you didn’t know.

You are confusing this roman institute with the germanic law where the irregular gewere (possesion) cannot be healed.

In fact it is enough. It is called usucapio. 10 years is with good faith and the typical case is where a wall of your property is 1 mts inside the neighbour’s property and you didn’t know..

That's a very good thing to know, but, assuming the parents had an escritura and it was recorded, isn't this a case of bad faith?

I believe it would be "helpful" to know who's name the electricity is in or if was ever changed from the previous owner after the purchase.?

In 2011 (in the Provincia Bs. As.) it was necessary for me to present a constancia catestral (which I obtained by presenting a copy of a recorded escritura to the municipal registry) to the electric company to change the name from the previous owner.

In 2009 (in Capital Federal) I only had to show Edesur a copy of the escritura for my apartment to get my name on the account.

I could be wrong, but if the parents never even saw the house, I seriously doubt they ever got the electric service in either of their names.

I believe it would be "helpful" to know who's name the electricity is in or if was ever changed from the previous owner after the purchase.?

In 2011 (in the Provincia Bs. As.) it was necessary for me to present a constancia catestral (which I obtained by presenting a copy of a recorded escritura to the municipal registry) to the electric company to change the name from the previous owner.

In 2009 (in Capital Federal) I only had to show Edesur a copy of the escritura for my apartment to get my name on the account.

I could be wrong, but if the parents never even saw the house, I seriously doubt they ever got the electric service in either of their names.

There is a real Estate inform called “informe de dominio” that gives you all the info about the house.
I’m afraid that the real risk is that they signed a power of attorney and we do not know how much power they gave to him. Perhaps he was able to sell it.

I’m afraid that the real risk is that they signed a power of attorney and we do not know how much power they gave to him. Perhaps he was able to sell it.

There is also the possibility that we've been trolled by another outrageously absurd story. :rolleyes:

Back