Aguinaldo, What Are The Rules?

ecohen14

Registered
Hi! Does anyone know anything about the rules of Aguinaldo or a website that explains who is eligible? Are foreigners included? I am working in blanco here, but for a "foreign-based" company with an office here, so I am not sure if I am eligible to receive it with my salary.

Is there also a partial Aguinaldo in March/September? A 17% one? Thanks!

Why don't you ask your employer? Better yet, clarify compensation before accepting the job?

I've already accepted and been working here for about 6 months, was hoping to see if anyone knew a website with the rules before I started a conversation with them. Always good to know what to expect first.

I know there are aguinaldo calculators online but had trouble finding one.

I know there are aguinaldo calculators online but had trouble finding one.

Not much need for a calculator. Basically, it's an "extra" months salary per year paid in two installments, usually June/July and Dec/Jan.

If you are legal employee of Argentina, with a DNI, getting paid in local currency, pay local taxes, etc. you should be eligible.

Auginaldo is 2x a year. June and Dec. 50% of your highest monthly salary earned in the previous 3 months and yes, prorated based on number of months worked in the previous 6 months if you've worked less than.

Aguinaldo means that if you work 12 months, you are paid 13 months in one year. The salary number 13 is based in your highest salary, except the concepts "no renumerativos". This salary number 13 is paid in 2 halfs, one by the end of June and the other by the end of December.

If you worked less than a year, you have the right to get your aguinaldo based in the time you worked. The easiest way is to contact your union for the detailed information and current numbers, but often the delegados tell the patron who contacted them. So, try to get the latest news from your union from its own website. Few years ago Ministerio de Trabajo had a section with the convenios published.

Also, a good advise is to sit down to write the numbers in advance, and talk to the responsible to pay, so when you sign for your check, everything is ok.

Back