Air Conditioner install

garygrunson

Registered
Hi,

Anyone have a recommendation for a person that installs and repairs air conditioners? I can't get anyone to show up...

Thanks,

TERKILD said:
Welcome to Argentina, hope you enjoy the stay hahahahaha :)

Lived here for 5 or 6 years, so I know. You would think during winter they would be....

I think you will find a cat that plays piano or a fish that knows how to ride a bicycle , before you find a decent worker here....also have several years experience! :)

Here's a list from mercadolibre. You can see if any of the installers are near your residence and you can read about their reputation posted by their customers from mercado libre.

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/aires-acondicionados/aire-acondicionados_OrderId_PRICE

I found an installer in Belgrano who had a storefront repair shop I had walked past a number of times. The closer the installer is to your residence the more likely they are to show up as agreed.

people here are so negative! there are plenty of great and honest workers in BA. everyone that has repaired something in my apartment has done the job on time and well, even shared their wives' homemade empanadas with me for lunch ja. (sorry i would pass on names but they are handymen my landlady sends so idk...)

Gary, Cesar the electricity/heat/ac guy is coming next week so i will get his contact info for you.

They're just as busy now as in summer because lots of people are trying to get their frio/calor units heating correctly before it gets any colder. I also hear from the guy I use that parts are almost impossible to obtain and coolant is getting difficult, plus really expensive, which is driving some independents into jobs with large companies.

That's what happened with my guy, who now occasionally free-lances on weekends for old clients and works M - F for a commercial refrigeration company.

And thanks, David, I've noted your recommendation for my next breakdown.

Back