Airport Transfer and …..

Sebbie

Registered
Now that it seems visiting BA is a little easier can anyone suggest the best way to get to the city from the airport without getting ripped off? Taxi’s? Meet and greet drivers? Also, what about safely returning to a rented apartment at night after dinner? Taxi? Does Uber work there in BA? Is it possible to hire a car service on a telephone standby basis?

I have found the BAexpats site very helpful so thank you all for taking the time to help..

Unless you plan on visiting the worst parts of the city you don't have to worry about safety. Yeah anything can happen but treat it like any other big city in the world. Same goes for night time. Lots of people are out at night eating and drinking in certain areas.

Unfortunately unless you come into the country with pesos on hand there is no way to not get ripped off.. officially. It's a flat rate of 3000 pesos to get to the city if you go to the taxi stand in the airport right before the exit. That price is around 15 bucks if using pesos. You'll pay double if using foreign currency.

You can use users or taxis at night. I have only ever used taxis though.

Re getting into town from airport:
You won't have much luck finding Uber or any ride sharing at the airport. They are mostly blocked by the taxis. For the most part the taxis are fine. They should have all their government papers visible inside the taxi. Also the meter will be visible. If its broken or not on then you should find another taxi. I always use them if I need to get into town if I have pesos on me.

If you honestly don't want to chance it with the taxis then the next best way to get into town I have found is to use Tienda Leon. They have a bus service into different areas into specific areas into the city as well as a remis service if you want to go somewhere more specific. I used the bus to get to Terminal Madero then a remis to Retiro*. It was fairly cheap and we got a mini tour from the driver when we passed the Casa Rosada etc. They also do transfers between Ezeiza and Aeroparque. You can book via email and pay them when you get to BA. They have a booth as you leave arrivals. We just use taxis now.

*That trip was pre-covid so ymmv now.

* I replied to my own post instead of editing my original post. Not sure how to delete.

Get a taxi, it's cheap as long as you can pay in pesos.

Using any sort of electronic card that is not originated in argentina is a suckers game. Pay in cash pesos for everything you can.

I have always taken TAXI EZEIZA from the airport to the city. I have taken it a minimum of 40 times and they have always been reliable with a very minimum price difference. The kiosk is located when you leave the second set of doors passing folks waiting for the family inside the airport with a clear sign. It is straightforward; you go to the kiosk give them your address and pay, you wait for someone to safely take you to your taxi without worrying about dragging your own bags and they take you to your home safely even helping you enter your bags. Nothing better than this at the price. Taxis are dirt cheap here if you are from the US or Western Europe.

I got an Uber last week and paid 2300 pesos from EZE - I didn't have any argentinian cash with me so was best option available for me.

Edit: EZE to Palermo

I have always taken TAXI EZEIZA from the airport to the city. I have taken it a minimum of 40 times and they have always been reliable with a very minimum price difference. The kiosk is located when you leave the second set of doors passing folks waiting for the family inside the airport with a clear sign. It is straightforward; you go to the kiosk give them your address and pay, you wait for someone to safely take you to your taxi without worrying about dragging your own bags and they take you to your home safely even helping you enter your bags. Nothing better than this at the price. Taxis are dirt cheap here if you are from the US or Western Europe.

Taxi Ezeiza kiosk accepts pesos, doesn't accept foreign cards may be local debit card ? . Bring like a $50 dollar bill to cash at the exchange office, if worse comes to worse, at the official rate..! The volunteer sherpa that carries your luggage expects a pourvoir or backshish...! a dollar or two.
Bonus track you get a voucher to return to Ezeiza at 50 % discount must call.

Taxi Ezeiza kiosk accepts pesos, doesn't accept foreign cards may be local debit card ? . Bring like a $50 dollar bill to cash at the exchange office, if worse comes to worse, at the official rate..! The volunteer sherpa that carries your luggage expects a pourvoir or backshish...! a dollar or two.
Bonus track you get a voucher to return to Ezeiza at 50 % discount must call.
This must be new, I've paid with a foreign CC before (pre-pandemic). Of course they have special offers for cash, but their website does say"Viaja seguro, abonando con todos los medios de pago".

Back