Algarve, Portugal Looking Better All The Time

Lagos would be my choice, though it might be a little quiet in the off season. Cheap overall as is most of Portugal. Loads of expats about, mostly from the UK but also from other parts of Europe. A large tourist area in the "old town". I was there for 5 days only so the knowledge base is limited. It bears looking into.

I checked out a lot of Europe. Lagos was my fav small town. Rome far and away my fav big city. Just gorgeous.

Lagos would be my choice, though it might be a little quiet in the off season. Cheap overall as is most of Portugal. Loads of expats about, mostly from the UK but also from other parts of Europe. A large tourist area in the "old town". I was there for 5 days only so the knowledge base is limited. It bears looking into.

I checked out a lot of Europe. Lagos was my fav small town. Rome far and away my fav big city. Just gorgeous.

Any Rayuela tournaments...??

I get emails from Kathleen Peddicord on an almost daily basis. I think her organization is Live and Invest Overseas or something like that.She promotes retirement to places like, Panama, Medellin, Belize and sponsors seminars in the U.S. Currently, she's pushing the Algrave in Portugal
I've been to the Algrave. From what I've read, it seems like a city. It's an area made up of many small towns. While it's nice. I think it might not be too exciting and probably totally dead in the winter. I would think that a car would be necessary. No gracias.
Panama? While there may be nice parts, I'm a city boy. IMO Panama City isn't nice, can be dangerous. I went to a wonderful ice cream parlour in the Old Town. I decided to leave the area in a different way from the way that I entered. I was amazed at the number of people, even peasants, who screamed at me not to go in that direction. DANGEROUS. I also wasn't fond of the locals.
Medellin? O.K., but I wasn't impressed
Belize? I wouldn't want to go there.
All of these relocation "experts" have one thing in common. "It's very cheap" There's alot more to consider than money. As far as I can figure out (It's tough working with an 80 IQ), people, who don't have a parent or grandparent who was born in the EU, almost can't get a permanent visa for retiring without iinvesting at least 250,000 Euros in a real estate purchase. Many countries are gracious enough to offer a Golden Visa. One option is to invest 1,000,000 Euros. Yes, Portugal is in the EU.
And the answer is................bring cash, check, money order or bitcoins to Coffee Chat, tomorrow. I've been to 2 cities in non EU European countries many times. They're safe, cheap and have really nice English speaking folk.

Hmm..don't know.

Apropo of nothing I was also recently in Medellin. Must have more big breasted women than any place I have ever visited. Lots of rubber necking.

No one ever speaks of my beloved Prague ! It is a jewel of a city, much cheaper than many other European cities and its in the heart of Europe ! The cons are a very complicated( for many impossible) language only spoken by 10 million, lack of friendly people and harsh winters. But it works for me! And I've been there almost 25 years now.

No one ever speaks of my beloved Prague ! It is a jewel of a city, much cheaper than many other European cities and its in the heart of Europe ! The cons are a very complicated( for many impossible) language only spoken by 10 million, lack of friendly people and harsh winters. But it works for me! And I've been there almost 25 years now.

Esteban you should be nominated for the Cheki Tourism Board

Back