Ali Express

It was supposed to be like that all the time. They are just enforcing it now. But please check that it only applies to items that go through the aduana, not "spending". So, @Gringoboy it doesn't apply to virtual goods.
Can we say "intended" instead of "supposed to be like that"? I for one find this news rather disheartening. Actually if someone could present a valid reason for these taxes maybe it would make me feel better. I'm trying to imagine the world where it would make sense. Perhaps if the import tax were the *only* tax, and people could freely startup and run a business - *maybe* then I could see it. In the current environment, it doesn't stimulate local business, it just further stifles it and will drive prices up even further for imported goods.

I was referring to the import tax. Heard many stories in US Photo forums where they had to pay thousands because they "forgot" to declare the equipment on their way out. If tech wasn't cheaper on the US than practically the rest of the world, we'd be having this discussion in another forum.
Now, the %35 is crazy, they are taxing "ganancias/bienes personales" upfront to millions that are not supposed to pay those taxes, and making it impossible to get it back. They'll have to let it flow eventually and open imports. Maybe we won't run out of toilet paper, but may have to find new ways to use it. As a designer have to print many jobs, nailing a printhouse with quality goods is like finding a gold pot (next to a dwarf selling it at 3x the original value)

Back