ALien member :)

missveronica

Registered
Hey you all!
My Name is Veronica and I named this post "alien member" cause I'm not an expat. In fact, I'm as Argentinian as Dulce de Leche :D
The thing is that I came across this website and found it very interesting adn useful.
I hope I'm allowed to be a member of your community.
As an Argentinian I might give you a different view on certain things, dont you think? ;)

Im 30, I live in Del Viso, Pilar (far away from CABA's noise and people)
I'm currently teaching IGCSE & IB literatue at a school near my home.
I've been a teacher for almost 11 years now.

Well, I'll be seeing you around

Hi Vero - I joined for the same reason, I'm a porteño hecho y derecho, but I lived in the US for 5 years, and I miss several things from there. I met a couple of people from this forum and we had a great time.

Well, just to let you know that you're not the only porteña here and you're more than welcome, maybe someone will disagree, but not me of course.

See you around,

Mariano.

missveronica said:
. . . . I'm as Argentinian as Dulce de Leche :D . . . . I hope I'm allowed to be a member of your community.
Please do stay! Quite a few non-Englishspeakers contribute. Being an expatriate certainly doesn't seem a requirement, simply a focus.

. . . . I'm currently teaching IGCSE & IB literatue at a school near my home. . . .
I've Argentine friends and relatives but don't know what "IGCSE & IB" stands for. Might you be so kind as to expand the acronym?

Thanks!

hi veronica.... about the only thing argentine about Dulce de Leche is the name.. have you ever boiled a can of leche condensada.. guess what it turns out to be ????????

davonz said:
hi veronica.... about the only thing argentine about Dulce de Leche is the name.. have you ever boiled a can of leche condensada.. guess what it turns out to be ????????

Just boiled leche condensada.:D

davonz said:

You might think that, Dave. I don't think Doña Petrona would agree with you. She's probably spinning in her grave right now.

RWS said:
I've Argentine friends and relatives but don't know what "IGCSE & IB" stands for. Might you be so kind as to expand the acronym?
Both IGCSE & IB are studying programmes for Senior students. They provide something we could call "International Education" for more info:
IGCSE: http://www.cie.org.uk/
IB: http://www.ibo.org/
They are recognized internationally so many expats look for schools which offer them

Thanks for your welcome!

Back