Allowed Baby Names?

What the hell provincia! You allow Philippe but not Philip? Not to mention the misspelled Phillippe is also allowed before the english version.

Are any forbidden names like in the case of Germany....... :rolleyes:

The only thing to remember with a name like Milo/Mylo is that here it will be pronounced Meelo. You will be correcting people constantly (unless that's the pronounciation you want, not Mai-low) If you don't mind, go for it. I've actually always loved the name Milos (mee-losh)... hmm maybe because it belonged to a ridiculously sexy Czech guy I once knew... haha

Yeah, my wife pointed this one out to me too, but I think we're going to chance it! :) Who knows how long we'll be in Argentina!

We wanted the US spelling for our son's name so we went to US consulate and got the letter that said the name could be for a male of female in the U.S.

Since there was no gender Argentina required middle name.

The middle name we wanted wasn't on the list either. It is Italian name so we went to Italy consulate to get the letter that the name indeed is Italian and is gender-specific to male.

Three trips to the local office and one trip each to US Consulate and Italy Consulate to name the kid... part of what makes living life in a foreign country charming

We wanted the US spelling for our son's name so we went to US consulate and got the letter that said the name could be for a male of female in the U.S.

Since there was no gender Argentina required middle name.

The middle name we wanted wasn't on the list either. It is Italian name so we went to Italy consulate to get the letter that the name indeed is Italian and is gender-specific to male.

Three trips to the local office and one trip each to US Consulate and Italy Consulate to name the kid... part of what makes living life in a foreign country charming

Thanks for the tip... we'll try it!

Back