Almost 12 Months In, What Is The Score?

He managed to do that? I am not so sure about that, but If Macri as president is putting people in jail, than the country has a lot more fundamental problems than I thought.

Let's not forget that jailing people is the function of an independent and autonomous judiciary, and the presidency should have absolutely nothing to do with that.

I am sure that what D,B Cooper meant to say was that these people have been jailed under Macri's gov't as its executive and it has been the judiciary branch which has done it.
Nonetheless,what he also seems to want to do is to give Macri a little more time.
I would agree up to a point.The honeymoon period is long past.What Macri is NOT getting is collaboration .Neither from the unions,nor from the empresariol sector
Moreover,the Argentine peolple themselves are used to having things done for them -"sin dar golpe"--without having to work very hard for them themselves.
This is what worries me the most .If it's not delivered up to them in a package.They bitch and moan and emmigrate
.And now? Among other drawbacks and with Trump as the US president that doesn't look very inviting any more.

He managed to do that? I am not so sure about that, but If Macri as president is putting people in jail, than the country has a lot more fundamental problems than I thought.

Let's not forget that jailing people is the function of an independent and autonomous judiciary, and the presidency should have absolutely nothing to do with that.
Blah, blah. Stop with the pontificating crap. You know what he/she means.

I am sure that what D,B Cooper meant to say was that these people have been jailed under Macri's gov't as its executive and it has been the judiciary branch which has done it.

And I meant to say that those two things (people being jailed vs. Macri's administration) should be completely unrelated and simply coincidental.
If they are indeed unrelated, Macri should not be credited or praised for it, and it should have no bearing on how we judge his administration of the country so far.
If they are related, then I'd actually hold that fact against him, and I'd venture to say that Argentina has more fundamental problems than I, a constant critic, was even aware of.

Just imagine that one president would do something against the law but has control over the judges and thus does not get prosecuted. Then the next president removes the control and let the judges work freely which results in bad people going to jail. In this case, they'd be related, but I wouldn't hold the fact against the second president - in fact he'd fix a fundamental problem. So maybe it's appropriate not to see everything as black and white...

thorsten:
"........So maybe.it's appropiate not to see everything as black and white..." Right .
Nor as an opportunity for ego driven" pontificating" either.

Back