Alterations Seamstress Tailor

betts

Registered
Does anyone have a good place for basic alterations? Stuff like getting pants hemmed, sleeves and skirts shortened, etc. I saw a thread where someone was looking for a seamstress but it was wedding dress related. If it was in the microcenter area even better - but I can get out to Palermo, etc. I would rather not venture out into the Once area - so just your favorite neighborhood alterations person if you have one you know. Thanks!

I use one that's great! It's in Barrio Norte.
The address is: Av. Pueyrredon 1842 Tel: 4805-4177.
The place is called "Azucar".
I've taken both my clothes and my boyfriend's and she's terrific! I'm a fashion designer so it's important for me that the work is done well. She's inexpensive too...small little place.
Good luck!

For men's dress clothing, I highly recommend the tailor shop at Arenales 2347, between Azcuénaga and Larrea. They make custom-tailored clothing and also do expert changes and repairs. It's not cheap in pesos, but the work is equal to the best I've found in New York for a fraction of the price.

El Sanitorio de la Ropa, Juncal 1356 has good service and reasonably priced. I've used them for basic alterations.

Two excellent tailors are Carbone Hnos. (on 25 de Mayo, in "La City") and Cheverny (next to the Brazilian embassy and opposite the French). Each will do a fine job altering men's clothing, too, though not inexpensively.

El Sanitorio is the best (Junca 1356) for all kinds of alterations. I´ve been using them for over 5 years. Excellent work, fair prices and perfect on time performance. The owner, Pablo, who works behind the scenes speaks English better than most Americans.

Debora said:
I use one that's great! It's in Barrio Norte.
The address is: Av. Pueyrredon 1842 Tel: 4805-4177.
The place is called "Azucar".
I've taken both my clothes and my boyfriend's and she's terrific! I'm a fashion designer so it's important for me that the work is done well. She's inexpensive too...small little place.
Good luck!

I took Debora's advice about two weeks ago and took my wedding dress to Azucar for an alteration. The dress was too big and needed taken in. The ladies in the shop were fantastic. Very friendly and very prompt. It took about 8 days for the initial fitting, then just two more before I could pick it up completed. Their prices were amazing and the work was even more fantastic. If I didn't know where the dress had been taken in, I would have never known it had any work done. Thanks Debora for the great recommendation! I can't wait to wear my dress!

Sorry, I disagree with RWS...Carbone made a suit for me a couple of years ago and I have had nothing but problems with it...the worst money I've ever spent in my life on a suit...and it was not cheap.

Anybody have any recs for the Belgrano/Palermo area? Also, what about good coblers in this area? I also need somebody who can make curtains.

Back