Alternatives To Colonia Express... Can I Pay In Pesos...

jamila

Registered
A friend tried to take Colonia Express on Saturday and she was told that all the boats were "broken" and that there would be no boats for the month of December.

Of course this is horrible timing for me because I need to make a run to Colonia before the end of the year.

So my question is. What are my options and does anyone know of another company that will allow you to pay in pesos. OR do you know if a local can buy the ticket for you to get around having to pay in dollars.

thanks...

and yes i have done some searching of old threads but i am looking for some up to date information.

Bad news because CE was cheaper. Maybe CE boats need extensive repairs :rolleyes: . Only citizens and residents can pay in pesos. Next besr choice Seacat day trip... :cool:

Maybe there is some option by bus, but I don't really know any. Too bad, because a daily trip to Colonia was also a nice outdoor escapade for my visiting friends! Thanks for letting us know about this.

Maybe there is some option by bus, but I don't really know any. Too bad, because a daily trip to Colonia was also a nice outdoor escapade for my visiting friends! Thanks for letting us know about this.

You still can travel SAFELY paying a few more dollars on SEACAT B)

I was supposed to go with CE to MVD because my flight to Europe leaves from there. I now am going with Buquebus and Seacat.

You could take boat to Uruguay from Tigre? Maybe they do accept AR$?

You could take boat to Uruguay from Tigre? Maybe they do accept AR$?

Try Cacciola to go from Tigre to Carmelo or Montevideo. They even take you from CF to Tigre by bus, or you can go there taking train Mitre to Tigre, then walk 4 blocks. See their website.

preciosfinalAR.jpg

If you pay in pesos keep in mind your paying the afip 35 percent tax which you can only get back if you have an argentine credit card and pay taxes here so you may save some money but the difference between dollars and pesos is not as big as you may think. Also yes only residents and citizens pay in pesos and there is no leeway on that.

the problem is that seacat Wants dollars and i don't have any... that's half the reason i need to go to colonia

well if you pay in pesos the dollar rate is 11.55 with the 35% tax, if you go to a cueva and buy the dollars you pay at a rate of 12.50 pesos

On Seacat will cost $880 RT as opposed to $500 for residents....? the difference $380 pesos or about $30 dollars. What can one do?

Back