Am I the only person in Argentina that finds the term "chinito" offensive?

Bunch of arrogant aggressive rude extranjeros pretending to be offended for a 3rd party in a 4th country:
If you were my guest in my house and going to teach me, I´d have kicked your behind. in no time, no matter how offended you are.

The question was x u. At my age we try to have good moments. Wer're not so interested in arguing. All the best.Have to go now.

Hey, if you didn't want to argue (or as I'd rather call it discuss and debate), perhapse you shouldn't have written a long post going against much of what has been said here, and reinforcing the regressive and socially damaging positions which are being discussed.

It's precisely the older generation who most often seems to expose these views, so it's good that you express them as it shows the diversity of views on this issue.

All the best for you too

Bunch of extranjeros pretending to be offended for a 3rd party in a 4th country:
If you were my guest in my house and going to teach me, I´d have kicked your behind. in no time, no matter how offended you are.

Estás sumamente equivocado papá. Se ve que ni leíste la discusión.

Suerte con eso

:D

Pd: nice threats of violence to solve problems eh. I guess I shouldn't be surprised . When you have weak logic you resort to violence...

What really stinks is those who keep defending the use of pejorative words with tired old , irrational at best, and misleading propagandist at worst, 'logic'. Then when called out just throw mud.

Each to their own.
I don't recall anybody defending the use of pejorative words. Some have tried to explain the context in which some of these words are used. Others have said that it takes time for societies, culture and language to evolve, others said there needs to be censorship, etc. I have yet to read any comment defending the use of pejorative or hate words.

I don't recall anybody defending the use of pejorative words. Some have tried to explain the context in which some of these words are used. Others have said that it takes time for societies, culture and language to evolve, others said there needs to be censorship, etc. I have yet to read any comment defending the use of pejorative or hate words.

They never been offended in their whole life by their countries and coming to fix offensive Argentina.
Yah riiiiiiiiiight.

Show me your posts u r offended by your own UK.

Till then, hammer away!

Your posts are arrogant aggressive and rude. I wouldn´t worry about pobrecito tu being offended. Not the type to be offended.

Pot calling the kettle.

Last edited:
They never been offended in their whole life by their countries and coming to fix offensive Argentina.
Yah riiiiiiiiiight.

Show me your posts u r offended by your own UK.

Till then, hammer away!

Your posts are arrogant aggressive and rude. I wouldn´t worry about pobrecito tu being offended. Not the type to be offended.

Aww, you're cute. Hammer away all you want. You only make yourself look bad repeating the same old stuff.

Have at it. <3

According to you words like negrito, chinito etc etc are not derogatory in the first place, they are part of the culture and are meant nicely, they don't cause any harm, and the communities referred to don't mind at all, etc.

So technically you are right (from your perspective), as you are not defending 'pejorative words', you simply classify them as non-perjorative and then defend them accordingly.

As has been said many times, the same is true of words such as 'faggot' 'bitch' 'Ni**er". They were defended in exactly this way for decades.

You are on the wrong side of history here, I'm sorry you can't see it.

According to you words like negrito, chinito etc etc are not derogatory in the first place, they are part of the culture and are meant nicely, they don't cause any harm, and the communities referred to don't mind at all, etc.

So technically you are right (from your perspective), as you are not defending 'pejorative words', you simply classify them as non-perjorative and then defend them accordingly.

As has been said many times, the same is true of words such as 'faggot' 'bitch' 'Ni**er". They were defended in exactly this way for decades.

You are on the wrong side of history here, I'm sorry you can't see it.
I said these words in general are used meaning no harm. I didn't say it was right or wrong. I expressed in my experience what some people addressed with these words think. I cannot generalize. I also stated that societies, culture and language need to evolve naturally and not be forced or censored. Words such as bitch and faggot are insults per se. I think you do not tolerate people having different opinions. You also use the term nationalist implying that it has negative connotations. I might be nationalist or not, and you don't know that, so you assume things without even asking. Sorry but I think you come out as defensive and narrow minded.

I (Nanu) did not try to argue. I was trying to have a conversation.....

Back