Am I the only person in Argentina that finds the term "chinito" offensive?

Dear @nanu:

I´m responding to @London2Baires offensive arrogant posts.

I AM NOT ADDRESSING YOU.
Sorry if I caused you any confusion.
Obviously, you are caught in the middle of an ugly discussion that you have nothing to do with.
Very sorry, apologies.

Best regards,

Last edited:
I am 71 years old. I use caps because it's easier for me to read not to be offensive. I want to be your friend but you keep fighting.
What is the problem?

You are writing back to your own question, that's kinda funny.

Thanks for explaining the CAPS.

For Your Info: in forum/internet ettiquete writing in all caps is considered shouting, and therefore very agressive and rude.

It's good to know that wasn't your intention.

Regards.

You are writing back to your own question, that's kinda funny.

Thanks for explaining the CAPS.

For Your Info: in forum/internet ettiquete writing in all caps is considered shouting, and therefore very agressive and rude.

It's good to know that wasn't your intention.

Regards.
The question was x u. At my age we try to have good moments. Wer're not so interested in arguing. All the best.Have to go now.

You got it.
It is a very clear ("textbook") example of psychological reactance (to perceived threat, loss of autonomy, choice or freedom, etc).
It is a fascinating, naturally-occurring, psychological mechanism aimed at attempting to restore freedom. It is easily observed in children, but some carry it into adulthood. It gets really interesting when the perceived threat comes from what is perceived to be an in-group source as opposed to out-group source. And if you go through the entire thread you will see a real life example of the mechanism in action. Absolutely fascinating!
(P.S. Whataboutism is just one method of reactance with specific characteristics, which you have mentioned earlier).
Psychological reactance seems to be your way to justify censorship. In general I call that intellectual masturbation. You seem to be only concerned about winning a dialectic argument and your way of underestimating any opinions that do not match yours of censorship and cynical assumptions are lame. I don't recall you as my psychologist, you have no idea who I am or where I am coming from, yet you go on and on about me, my life, and the cleaning lady I never had. Life is too short, enjoy it ( and try to pass all your school tests by the " textbook" , btw going by the textbook and lack of empathy make mediocre shrinks )

I) unable to counter substantive points made over 20 pages of discussion.
Ii) takes a couple of out of context words to 'score points'

Good job.

This thread stinks.

What really stinks is those who keep defending the use of pejorative words with tired old , irrational at best, and misleading propagandist at worst, 'logic'. Then when called out just throw mud.

Each to their own.

Back