American Airlines cancelled my flight and booked me 18 days later. What to do?

In the end aerolineas will be the only option in the country. The rest of the companies are going to get tired of this nonsense and go make money in countries that have a vision beyond 14 days at any given time.
I was under the impression that flight frequencies, slots and all that sort of thing were the result of bilateral agreements between the two destinations. If all the foreign-owned airlines give up and go away/are effectively pushed out, which other governments are going to agree to Aerolineas Argentinas being given free rein if their own airlines can't get a look in? I imagine SCL, GRU, MVD and even ASU to be the beneficiaries here

I was under the impression that flight frequencies, slots and all that sort of thing were the result of bilateral agreements between the two destinations. If all the foreign-owned airlines give up and go away/are effectively pushed out, which other governments are going to agree to Aerolineas Argentinas being given free rein if their own airlines can't get a look in? I imagine SCL, GRU, MVD and even ASU to be the beneficiaries here

Well when you don't want your people to leave the country it doesn't matter if other countries won't let your planes land.

They want args to travel and spend money within the country. Tourism sovereignty.

In the end aerolineas will be the only option in the country. The rest of the companies are going to get tired of this nonsense and go make money in countries that have a vision beyond 14 days at any given time.

If this goes on indefinitely you may be right but the world is still in a state of confusion and the airlines certainly know that. Australia is also limiting flights; I think they just halved the number of flights. I suspect the number of people allowed to enter Argentina is going to be increased before very long.

I had booked a flight for next Wednesday, July 7th to MIA via JFK, sadly got the "changed flight, please call us" yesterday... I spent quite some time waiting on the AA app chat for customer support until an hour later an agent told me I'd be better off going straight to Ezeiza and trying to get added to some sort of standby list (my guess that was just to get me off the chat). I had also called the 0800 number in the US and requested a callback which I did get a couple of hours after chatting with agent #1, the callback agent was hard on the southern accent and I am certain he was in the US; what he told me gave me a better understanding of how AA operates with such government-issued rules like the one we have currently valid until 07/08/2021 reducing the number of landing passengers from 2000 to 600.
In essence, agent #2 told me to be prepared to request a refund at the website prefunds.aa.com, but before doing so, I should be holding a valid new trip on aa.com after 07/09 when the government allegedly opens up the borders again.

What are your thoughts here? I'm not an American nor an Argentine citizen and had to go to Miami to meet with my employer, the original trip was from 07/07 until 07/13.
https://vanalaeropuerto.com.ar/ will take you to Paraguay to exit. :) (I am not affiliated)

Interesting. I didn't see any mention of Paraguay or prices. Anyway if this is true, in a worst case scenario this would be a solution. You'd have to arrange a hotel stay of course and find out where you can do a PCR test because I think the US requires one to enter.
Good for someone having to leave no matter what…
You can also contact Van al Aeropuerto but will be ground transportation though.

Interesting. I didn't see any mention of Paraguay or prices. Anyway if this is true, in a worst case scenario this would be a solution. You'd have to arrange a hotel stay of course and find out where you can do a PCR test because I think the US requires one to enter.
The US also accepts the antigen test to enter (aka rapid test).

Back