American Airlines is crazy

yeah, AirFrance is crazy too! they want usd $3,500 for a coach BA > Bogota flight! ... If I could only avoid the Paris layover I'd be all set. :)

Now seriously, a while back, someone on this forum suggested using ITA to find flights and fares. Since then, the company was purchased by Google and the software has been improved. They have a web version (Matrix) and an iPhone and Android apps called "OnTheFly". They are amazing tools to find the best fares and routes over periods of time and several different criteria. You can't buy flights through them, but once you have the itinerary you can go directly to the airline or an agent and get the the published fare.

In order to get 100% of the miles for a trip on Lan,you must by a ticket in B or Y class. I recently flew from BA to Lima to San Francisco on Lan and got 25% of the actual miles. This was the first and probably the last time that buy an airline ticket with Expedia. Anyone concerned about frequent flyer miles, should check with the airline.

fred mertz said:
In order to get 100% of the miles for a trip on Lan,you must by a ticket in B or Y class. I recently flew from BA to Lima to San Francisco on Lan and got 25% of the actual miles. This was the first and probably the last time that buy an airline ticket with Expedia. Anyone concerned about frequent flyer miles, should check with the airline.

Actually P, W, Y, B, H, K, L, M and V flown on LAN all accrue at 100% on AA, also G, N, O, Q, S accrue at 100% on flights that not wholly within South America.

But you're absolutely right, always check carefully if you're wanted to get the best mile accrual.

Back