American candy and sweets

Davidglen77

Registered
For all of you US expats wishing for a bit of back home nostalgia, in my shop I now have the following items:

Snickers, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, 100 Grand
Hershey's Kisses (small and the large single size)
Hershey chocolate bars
Ferrero Rocher
PEZ dispensers (25 varieties)
Halls
Mentos
Brooklyn Cookies

www.candylandshop.com.ar
Av. Triunvirato 3883, Villa Urquiza, Capital Federal

We are open Monday-Friday 9AM to 8PM
and Saturdays from 10AM to 6:30PM
Thanks to those that have visited and looking forward to seeing the rest of you!

Hmmmm. I'm skeptical because even the US candy I've found here is made with inferior chocolate. Snickers and the like. In the US the FDA actually regulates what can be called chocolate. Not so here. Any vegetable oil with dark syrup color that tastes like plastic can be called chocolate.

Not sure where you got your US candy, however I have the real stuff with the wrappers in english and everything. They fly off the shelves and the expats who've been through the shop have been quite pleased. The hershey's chocolate is made in Brazil and the PEZ dispensers are made here but not the tablets. The mentos are manufactured here and they taste the same.

Was fun stopping by your store, reminded me of those big candy stores in the malls in So. California. Are you going to do any wine tastings?

Looks good. Are you planning to get some sweets (candy) from the UK?

For now we have a whole line of CADBURY chocolates - milk, milk with raisins, almonds, etc. I know there are other chocolates that are awesome from the UK such as Lion bars, but they are next to impossible to get here. Come on over and see what we have!

Davidglen77 said:
Not sure where you got your US candy, however I have the real stuff with the wrappers in english and everything. They fly off the shelves and the expats who've been through the shop have been quite pleased. The hershey's chocolate is made in Brazil and the PEZ dispensers are made here but not the tablets. The mentos are manufactured here and they taste the same.

Yes, it's the Brazil stuff that does not taste anything like the chocolate from the US. Packaged in English, but it's the same stuff they sell in Duty Free on Buquebus. Sorry, they use inferior chocolate and many brands don't use real cocoa butter in the chocolate. I'll wait for my next trip to the US.

How about some Reese's pieces and peanut butter cups?? My family was just here and brought some. It's funny to see the Argentine reactions because they either love them or absolutely hate them. I don't understand...how can you go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate??

Back