American Football

jiujitsusa

Registered
Anyone interested in meeting up and throwing a football around? One of the things I miss most after leaving the US for Argentina.

Where were you 15 years ago? Now I'm pushing 70, overweight, and last year I had a triple bypass.

I sometimes see a team practicing in the park paseo las Americas.
Don’t know which time or day though 😀

I saw a father playing baseball with his three daughters in El Bosque de Palermo on Saturday. How unusual is that? He was hitting the ball and the three young girls were chasing a tennis ball. Since I played baseball in primary school, I shared what I learned with one of the girls. Later I realized the father didn't know the first thing about holding or swinging the baseball bat or pitching the ball. He got a lesson on the wind up with the bat and how to throw the ball so the girls would be successful. It was the highlight of my Saturday afternoon walk when the Rosedal area was swarming with families on the unseasonably warm winter day. I grew up walking distance from Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs and attended their games.

I saw a father playing baseball with his three daughters in El Bosque de Palermo on Saturday. How unusual is that? He was hitting the ball and the three young girls were chasing a tennis ball. Since I played baseball in primary school, I shared what I learned with one of the girls. Later I realized the father didn't know the first thing about holding or swinging the baseball bat or pitching the ball. He got a lesson on the wind up with the bat and how to throw the ball so the girls would be successful. It was the highlight of my Saturday afternoon walk when the Rosedal area was swarming with families on the unseasonably warm winter day. I grew up walking distance from Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs and attended their games.

Wow, Wrigley Field, talk about legends of the game.
Did you see Charley Sheen in "Major League"? Apparently he was a pitcher in college.
(yeah, I know that was Cleveland)

Anyone interested in meeting up and throwing a football around? One of the things I miss most after leaving the US for Argentina.
I'll be moving to BA in January. I grew up playing in Texas so I'll be game if you're still around.

Back