American Girlfriend And Argentinian Boyfriend

I checked out the website VisaJourney.com and basically the beginning of the process should be: USCIS I-129F Petition

My doubt is the next one:
The last time we were together was on 9th August 2012, since then she has been studying and I've been trying to find a decent job. Our plan would be to wait until she gets her BA degree (on May 2014) so she can get a job and submit the "affidavit of support" for the Visa K1, now the problem will be that at this point the date will be almost two years since we met for the first time and I believe it could mess up everything.

We don't apply for the Visa K1 right now simply because my girlfriend is a full time student and she wouldn't be able to find a job that sustain the
"affidavit of support" requirements.

Probably we'll have to meet one more time to increase this 2 year period and to gain more proof of our relashionship. Anyway, I would apreciate your experienced and honest advice. I would also like to thank you for all your time to read about this topic.

I checked out the website VisaJourney.com and basically the beginning of the process should be: USCIS I-129F Petition

My doubt is the next one:
The last time we were together was on 9th August 2012, since then she has been studying and I've been trying to find a decent job. Our plan would be to wait until she gets her BA degree (on May 2014) so she can get a job and submit the "affidavit of support" for the Visa K1, now the problem will be that at this point the date will be almost two years since we met for the first time and I believe it could mess up everything.

We don't apply for the Visa K1 right now simply because my girlfriend is a full time student and she wouldn't be able to find a job that sustain the
"affidavit of support" requirements.

Probably we'll have to meet one more time to increase this 2 year period and to gain more proof of our relashionship. Anyway, I would apreciate your experienced and honest advice. I would also like to thank you for all your time to read about this topic.

Freiheit.1991 - Check out this webpage: http://members.lovingyou.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=23

The website (lovingyou.com) has a forum similar to BA Expats, but is about different types of relationships, some of which have "special circumstances" (such as long distance relationships, online relationships, and so on). Many of the people who post on the immigration issues relationship forum are from the US (and also from the UK, Canada, and several other countries) and discuss the different types of visas, obstacles, and share advice. It's worth checking out.

And just in case anyone needs a good laugh: http://www.cracked.com/article_18552_so-you-want-to-be-american-5-circles-immigration-hell.html

Best of luck!!!

Back