American hair dresser from San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tadasana said:
Dear Richard, Thank you so much for my incredible cut. I will be traveling next week to see old friends and needed a new due to knock their socks off! All of my friends and even the waiters at my neighborhood parrilla have commented on my "glam" new cut. I am so grateful not only for my new look but also for the experience. You are truly an artist and I look forward to working with you again in the near future. All the very best!

Someone who joined just to give Richard a testimonial... maybe this guy really is worth the price! No one ever made any comments about my haircut at my neighborhood parrilla. ;)

Why all the antipathy?

Personally, I appreciate someone who is upfront about their prices, whatever they are. I also don't expect all hairdressers to charge the same price - that doesn't make one better than the other. And lastly, why does this hairdresser earn scorn for his prices when another expat hairdresser on this board seems to charge similarly and earns no such commentary?

Strange. Anyhow, welcome to the board, Richard... it's a special place ;-)

Hey Richard! Your prices are quite expensive, but I guess they are justified if you are good. What brand of hair colour do you use? I miss my Aveda colour from back home. Do you know anybody in BsAs that uses Aveda?

Richard has cut and high-lighted my hair on several different occasions and he does an amazing job! and I am SUPER picky about my hair. It is a little more expensive, but I know what I am getting with Richard and I trust him.

I tried a few salons here that people recommended. I brought a picture, I got an English speaking hair dresser, I even brought a Spanish speaking friend, and STILL I got my hair hacked and striped (remember the 90's?).

For me, it's totally worth it to pay a little bit more to feel good about myself for the next few months and not want to hide until my hair grows out!

I've always believed you get what you pay for and you should charge what you think you are worth and not let others dictate your price.

Hey I know that his pirces are not expensive. I do hair and am expensive some would say. Richard if you do great work. GO FOR IT!!
Charge for what your worth!!
Good on you Richard. Welcome to Buenos Aires!!!
Ryan

There are a LOT of salons and BsAs and not all of them have even one good stylist. Being able to express yourself about your hair to your stylist is important. It's not easy in another language. No locals will give referrals (what's that about?). If you ask a local woman who cuts her hair she will ignore you, if you ask again, she'll say she doesn't know, if you ask a final time she will tell you what neighborhood it's in but never give the name of the salon or the stylist. American stylists are a necessity for anyone who doesn't have just long straight hair...

Price update all, this is to come to your house for right now. That's really cheap for that service...

I just read your bio Richard, and if you earned your chops at Peter's Place in Birmingham you are not overcharging one bit.

Good luck on your business.

HotYogaTeacher said:
Price update all, this is to come to your house for right now. That's really cheap for that service...

FYI.. Terrie's prices also includes house calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back