American law student coming for exchange in ba

It is! It's quite beautiful actually. And for what I basically pay in NYC for a six floor walk up share, I am quite happy to have my own one bedroom in a luxury high rise.

Damn I'm paying just a little more than that for a 3 bedroom, 160 sqm place.

You're lucky that the owner.management company is allowing you to pay in pesos at the official exchange rate. I get the same deal, but a lot of people's owners are asking for the blue rate if they pay in pesos when making the deal in dollars. It does help significantly with the rent!

For Xoom, I think the limits are just about what you pay for rent.

I believe over $10,000 pesos here you will have to file information with More Money Transfers, who is the contractor for receiving money here from Xoom. As it is, you will have to fill in some personal information the first time you go to collect money.

That's the receiving end. You can do it easily here the first time you receive money.

For sending, to get over Xoom's sending limit, I understand it's a bit complicated. You had best work on that while in the States before you come down here, I think. There is information on their site who you should contact and they'll give the you the paper work you need to increase your limit.

I've never bothered to do that as the cueva I use is has no limit (until we're talking about $100K USD, and that's not me!).

Bring as many dollars as you can for monthly expenses aside from rent, unless you easily get Xoom's increase to a sufficient sum to cover all your monthly costs (not necessarily 100% certain, and then on the More side here, you might have problems getting registered for more than $10K pesos).

You really never want to use your US ATM or credit card here due to the exchange rate.

scottgro said:
It is! It's quite beautiful actually. And for what I basically pay in NYC for a six floor walk up share, I am quite happy to have my own one bedroom in a luxury high rise.

I guess that's the temporary rental market these days. If the money is not an issue, go for it. But there are better deals out there, I'm sure. Hope everything works out well for you!

if you know of a better deals, pass them along.
found this company through airbnb. 170+ positive reviews on their property. and unlike many of the companies that rent to foreigners, total balance is not due on arrival.

Well, just have a look at the Buenos Aires Craigslist and you will for sure find a great 1 bedroom apartment for half of what you are currently planning on paying, good luck!

I'd cancel that apartment straight away if you care anything about money.

You could rent a one bedroom place for half that or share and pay a 1/4 or 1/3 of that for a nice place. Unless you're only coming for 1 to 2 months but if you're going to be here for 6 months crack that price in half to 800USD budget on accomm

thanks for the heads up. i generally would prefer to live alone and of course I wouldn't mind spending less. I did not commit to the full term - I never hand any money over. I will be paying monthly. I will probably look once I get there, but I don't mind for at least the first month paying the same amount of rent that I do here in NY for someplace that is 100x nicer.

I did glance on craigslist. many of the nicer places are shares.

scottgro said:
if you know of a better deals, pass them along.
found this company through airbnb. 170+ positive reviews on their property. and unlike many of the companies that rent to foreigners, total balance is not due on arrival.
In light of what you are paying........any deal is a better deal. That's a rip off.

Back