American Visa for Brazilians?

marty

Registered
Hey guys, basically my brazilian gf is trying to get a visa to go to the states. Any advice on what she should do or say to make it easier? Anyone work for the American embassy and willing to help us out? Thanks so much! Her appointment is this week.

marty said:
Hey guys, basically my brazilian gf is trying to get a visa to go to the states. Any advice on what she should do or say to make it easier? Anyone work for the American embassy and willing to help us out? Thanks so much! Her appointment is this week.
The US makes it a little tough on Brazilians because they are tough on us because we are tough on them and it goes around and around. Expect a rough ride but you will get the visa.

thanks ghost. whats your take on what she should say? some are adement that she shouldn't mention that she has an american bf because a red flag will go up immediately. is this true?

hi Marty,

first of all best of luck. there was a topic some days ago on a similar issue with an argentine girlfriend, i think the same applies in your case. Is she making the interview here or back in Brazil?

The USA Embassy is approving about 95% of all applications for tourist visas.
She should bring all the economic info she could gather (VISA cards, banking reports,copies of home ownership papers, tax receipts,etc.
Do not talk too much. Good luck

Back