American With A Visa/reciprocity Fee Question

jaredmack

Registered
Hello everyone! I've been reading for a while, but this is my first post. Thank you in advance for your help.

I came into Argentina on April 10. I paid the reciprocity fee ahead of time. No problems. Now, some friends are traveling to Paraguay and want me to join. Does anyone know, if I leave Argentina, will I have to pay the reciprocity fee again when I come back? I still have the original paper that I used to prove I paid the first time. It says it doesn't expire for ten years, but I don't know if it is good for multiple entries or just one. Any info would be great!

Thanks again!

Thanks! Also, does anyone know about traveling to Paraguay. Do I need to get a visa before I go? How difficult is it and how much does it cost?

Thanks! Also, does anyone know about traveling to Paraguay. Do I need to get a visa before I go? How difficult is it and how much does it cost?

https://sites.google.com/site/consulparbaires/visas

It costs 160 USD and you should be able to drop off your passport one day and pick it up the next business day.

I just want to make absolutely sure I've got this right. I have a new passport but the reciprocity fee receipt is in my old passport. If the fee is good for 10 years, not just for the life of the passport, does Argentine immigration transfer it to my new passport or do I carry both passports with me? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you, I will take your word for it. I lived in a country once in which its immigration authority had to transfer all visas and paperwork to my new passport so I was wary.

I just want to make absolutely sure I've got this right. I have a new passport but the reciprocity fee receipt is in my old passport. If the fee is good for 10 years, not just for the life of the passport, does Argentine immigration transfer it to my new passport or do I carry both passports with me? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have entered Argentina several times, carrying both my current passport and the expired one with proof of the retaliation fee.

Same here, never had a problem.

A problem is likeliest when leaving the US, and an ignorant airline employee expects you to show proof of having paid online. This is likeliest with a US airline, as LAN and probably even AeroCámpora will get it right.

Back