Americans & psychoanalysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
bf4 quote: "Here you are mixing apples and oranges"
I think you're trying to say "here you're comparing apples to oranges". The idea is that they're both fruit, but not the same. Mixing apples and oranges would be... crazy!
Not that I'm saying you're crazy or you need psychoanalysis but, it wouldn't be such a bad idea. You are a very angry person.

Would you rather follow the conversation in Spanish, or would you rather in French or Italian:)? I'm not familiar of what other languages you master other than english (sounds so poor not being even bilingual)
Let me know your choice
A bientot, je vous laisse je vais me coucher de bonne heure
Bisous, bisous,
B.

bf4,
When someone is addicted to alcohol or drugs, yes you say they are dependent on them. However, no-one says that they lack "independence". There’s a big difference. The term "independence" is NEVER used to refer to addictions. Of course, you twisted my words to suit your purpose. Very clever...
As for Northern Europeans, do you think that the ones who drink are all adults? Well, you couldn’t be more wrong. I’ve been to Germany and the Netherlands and have seen it with my own eyes. The bingers throwing up in the street were usually teenagers and people in their 20’s.

bf4, your comments are unfounded. Never assume anything about people unless you know the facts.

Argentine football violence: Sure it isn’t related to independence. I just made that remark in response to your "unableness to have a healthy good time" comment. Remember? Hello???
Also, if you think "barrabravas" are the only ones responsible for violence and the rest are all saints, well you have no clue what you’re talking about. Some fans behave like regular folks outside the stadium, but once they get in they turn into devils. Insults followed by fists... It’s the same scene over and over again.

Finally, money is NOT the main reason why Argentines live with their parents. It has a lot more to do with culture. I know many who earn great salaries and have successful careers. And guess what? They are like 30 and STILL live with their parents. Italians do the same thing. This is about Latin culture, not mortgage loans. Most Argentines wouldn’t leave even if they got the chance.

bf4, get to know the world a little better and then we talk...

We were speaking about violent football fans but sthg about the NBA caught my attention, what can you say about it.....violence doesn't seem a "privilege" of Argentine fans? In the USA the PLAYERS itselfs led the brawl. Kudos!
P.S: Let's move on to another subject: Violence in society doesn't benefit the USA so many snippers, so many high school shootings led by kids who on your view have been so well educated to be independent citizens....It sounds SO shaky Johny.....The evidence is against you. Look everywhere...
[ the rest is deleted - please don't copy and paste articles]

once again we have bjrutledge telling us Argentines how to live and act. Its quite obvious if there is any way for this member to involve himself with a opinion he is there offering it . If you need to rent an apartment find a handyman or make a bit of money he is offering his wisdom on us ignorant argentines

Dear Tanghetto, I don't know what your point is. I wish you would write in English. If you cannot just be helpful, nice and hospitable to our foreign guests, why are you posting at all? Can't you see that these expatriates are no less than our country's esteemed guests? They need our assistance, our guidance, our knowledge of things local. Would you please kindly refrain from insulting them?

Bjrutlejudge,
I assume by your name that you are the judge,
well anyway, I have always thought that forums were virtual communities to discuss and exchange views, without any authority as long as no laws were broke.
Let me explain what has got me so involved in this forum: This zoo of foreigners , people who have barely touched this country and feel free to assume or think that they have a thorough Argentine knowledge learnt by a 6month stint of tango and spanish lessons. The subject is a little bit more complex than that. You just don't know a country in six months nor will they master any spanish nor will they meet locals when the majority can barely mutter some words in spanish, so with what nerve can they issue general assumptions or criticize a country in where they are simply guests, no more than guests (it's very difficult to get to know a country without the native language)........where they didn;t have to go through the hussle/bad education/queues that the rest of the world goes through to enter their own country . Some of them (if am not mistaken) are here for good. If this is the case shouldn't they be grateful????? It never occured to me during my three year stint in the USA to criticize sthg. I just packed. No, I didn't start I have my ....full of Bush's politcal turnover, of his use of the security alarms as a means to have the population in his pocket....of Rumsfelf, of Mr. Cheaney, in short of American Society.
Instead, this groups of people feel because they have rented a one bedroom in Montserat! they have engrossed Argentine GDP! but as if it weren't less now they can teach us Argentine history, they can complain about public transit ( I encourage them all to try the Hoboken express-the one under the river-, to Manhattan at the rush hour and then compare it to the 60 or better still maybe try the holland tunnel at 8 am on a monday), they complain about Argentine selfishness, hello? Anybody been to New York? And I will leave with an open question: Argentines are well known among all foreigners for their warmth and openness: Could it have sthg to do with americans? Are they well received wherever they go? I'm recalling of a classmate of mine who did her last semester at Rotterdam, poor thing she had a really bad time.! Fame chases you.

Dear bf4,
What on earth are you on about? I became a member of this forum only yesterday, hoping I could assist some of our visitors. This forum must have been created as a tool FOR THEM to exchange views and opinions with one another. As locals, it is our responsibility to see to it that they have a good time while they are with us. If you see a negative connotation in any of the expatriate's comments, the way to correct it is by HELPING. Insulting these people and providing answers to your own questions does nothing, except prove them right. Exercise some tolerance. It's extremely effective, when sincere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back