AmericaTeVe Miami claims Cuban Intelligence is behind anti-Milei protests

MilHojas

Registered

You know who is behind anti-Milei protests? Cuban Intelligence! Oh, my!

Last edited:

You know who is behind anti-Milei protests? Cuban Intelligence! Oh, my!
I don't know what is funnier, the far right Miami Cuban community that makes shit like this up because they love to make everything about themselves (and they also love to channel their inner McCarthy, EVERYTHING is a communist conspiracy to them, even when done by fellow right wingers), or the far right people here that believe it.

And talk about unwarranted Argentine self aggrandizement; we're not important enough for most countries, let alone Cuba (which isn't exactly flush with cash) to monkey around with in our internal affairs, and we barely trade or even interact with them. Plus you don't need to pay or convince people Milei is bad, 30% of the country thinks anyone who isn't a Peronist is evil, so my advice to our derechista friends is to make up your minds. Last week it was the Ks and Unions, now it's Cuban secret agents paying people, which is it? In a month it's going to be Grimace and The McNuggets at this rate...

I don't know what is funnier, the far right Miami Cuban community that makes shit like this up because they love to make everything about themselves (and they also love to channel their inner McCarthy, EVERYTHING is a communist conspiracy to them, even when done by fellow right wingers), or the far right people here that believe it.

And talk about unwarranted Argentine self aggrandizement; we're not important enough for most countries, let alone Cuba (which isn't exactly flush with cash) to monkey around with in our internal affairs, and we barely trade or even interact with them. Plus you don't need to pay or convince people Milei is bad, 30% of the country thinks anyone who isn't a Peronist is evil, so my advice to our derechista friends is to make up your minds. Last week it was the Ks and Unions, now it's Cuban secret agents paying people, which is it? In a month it's going to be Grimace and The McNuggets at this rate...
I spent many years in Miami and yes, the far right expat Cuban community were a never ending source of guffawing.

Cuba today is a sclerotic technocracy whose elites are focused on maintaining their power and privilege. They're heavily invested in Venezuela thanks to Chavez and you have to wonder if privately they wouldn't prefer to be out of that quagmire. The idealism of "spreading communism" died with, if not some years before, Fidel. Cuba has no extraordinary interest in Argentine internal affairs.

Cuba today is a sclerotic technocracy whose elites are focused on maintaining their power and privilege. They're heavily invested in Venezuela thanks to Chavez and you have to wonder if privately they wouldn't prefer to be out of that quagmire. The idealism of "spreading communism" died with, if not some years before, Fidel. Cuba has no extraordinary interest in Argentine internal affairs.
They are, however, a Russian client state. Given Milei's backtracking on the BRICS alliance and his embrace of Zelensky and support of Israel, it wouldn't be a stretch to suppose Cuba was acting as a sort of back channel for Putin to funnel support to groups that would complicate Milei's tenure. I'm no fan of peluca but I'm even less of a fan of Putler.

Back