And Yet Another Question About Overstaying A Tourist Visa

Hi! In continuation to this- I've overstayed my visa by a day (oops), and am booked to go home in mid june.

#1: is there a way of paying the 600 peso fine beforehand, so I don't need to worry about getting held up at the airport? And if so, is it recommended, or is there a risk that a bureaucratic issue might lead to me paying again anyway at the airport?

#2: Could anyone suggest to me how long it might take to get the fine paid at ezeiza? is it just a question of handing over money at the immigration desk, or will it take a while to sort out?

#3: Am I right in thinking that now i've overstayed by one day, it will make no difference if I overstay by about 40 more?

I'd really appreciate any help, i'm finding it hard to find official information online and I just want to be sure...

Hi! In continuation to this- I've overstayed my visa by a day (oops), and am booked to go home in mid june.

#1: is there a way of paying the 600 peso fine beforehand, so I don't need to worry about getting held up at the airport? And if so, is it recommended, or is there a risk that a bureaucratic issue might lead to me paying again anyway at the airport?

#2: Could anyone suggest to me how long it might take to get the fine paid at ezeiza? is it just a question of handing over money at the immigration desk, or will it take a while to sort out?

#3: Am I right in thinking that now i've overstayed by one day, it will make no difference if I overstay by about 40 more?

I'd really appreciate any help, i'm finding it hard to find official information online and I just want to be sure...

If you click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass you will be redirected to advance search.

Enter the words "paying" and "overstay" in the "find words" space.

Match "all words" and search "only in titles."

Display the results as a topic list.

There are eight threads with the words "paying overstay" in the title.

Then repeat the search with the words "pay" and overstay" in the "find words" space.

There are five threads with the words "pay" and "overstay" in the title.

To save time, here are the answers to your questions:

1. YES, NO, AND HIGHLY UNLIKELY (Don't pay too far in advance of the date of your departure.)

2. It depends on the time of day and how many people are ahead of you in the lines. You don't pay at immigrations. You go to the immigration desk first and then pay at the bank and then go back to the immigration desk (at least that's what I remember from reading posts in the threads on the subject).

3. Once your 90 day visa has expired, you can stay 40 more days or 400 more. You only have to pay the fee before you leave, and, according to recent posts, you don't actually HAVE TO PAY the fee before you leave. If, however, you don't pay the fee on line before you return you will not be readmitted and apparently you won't be able to pay the fee upon arrival.

I know one person who recently - by his account - didn't pay, landed in EZE, was informed that he hadn't paid, offered to pay cash but was told only credit card works (which he didn't have) and was on his way to being deported when a representative of his airline (which had brought him and which would have had to take him if deported) intervened, paid the fee with his own credit card, and got them to let him stay...

Back