Announcing Writer's Workgroup: Monday September 2Nd

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Ok, it's time I got serious about getting this book written. It's been bouncing around in my head for more than a year and just won't leave me alone. So ...

I'm starting a Writer's Workshop. I want to get together with other writers to WORK and support each other in our writing. Sorry, I'm really not interested in wine, cheese, gossip, etc. Here is what I have in mind:

What: Writer's Workgroup. Swap and read works in progress by other writers and offer feedback. Discussions center on character development, structure, prose, pace, plot development, etc.
Who: 5 to 6 writers. Preference given to published writers. If we have more than 6 people then we break into multiple groups.
When: 1st and 3rd Monday evenings of each month. 7-9pm.
Where: Cafe Club Manhattan, 1792 Av. Cabildo in Belgrano (corner of La Pampa). 2 blocks from Jose Hernandez and 3 blocks from Juramento Subte stops. Multiple bus lines. Good on-street parking.

About me: I'm a published author mostly in the adventure memoir genre. My current work is novel-length historical fiction set in the rural US South during the early 1970's. I do have experience writing screenplays and can give constructive feedback.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing from you.

GS

Hi this could be really good for me, and yes please no cheese. Mondays are great for me, can you remind me though once you know if you're doing it I guess depending on a turnout? [email protected] If you are looking for someone to swap materials with and input I would be up to try that even by email and or skype sometimes, let me know

I haven't written this damn book yet that keep waking me up in the middle of the night. :)
I know the feeling.
I don't think I'd ever have been happy if I hadn't not only finished the book, but actually published it.
They used to call it vanity publishing and for me, self publishing was the best route.
I'd like to joint you.

What about virgin writers? As in those who are just starting to embark on this task but have not yet done much to get it going (aside from writing a little to start).

i'm interested. I am an experienced indie movie producer turned screenwriter. years of "brilliant" feedback and notes on other people's projects, but an absolute idiot when it comes to helping myself...
n
i may need a bit of cheese.

What about virgin writers? As in those who are just starting to embark on this task but have not yet done much to get it going (aside from writing a little to start).

Yes, but bring protection. :)

Back