Another Argentina Story........

Sorry to hear what happened to you. At the very least, I would report her to AFIP b/c I'm sure she isn't declaring the rental income. It won't get your money back but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing there is some repercussions for her.

cruizes said:
After days and days of going here and there I have come up with the following observations.

Tourist police are as useful as the police you see on the street corners smoking and talking on the phone. They would not even fill a report because they said that the landlady did not take $1000US from me physically so it's not a police matter. WTF

He is right, this is s civil matter not a criminal one. He is a cop not a judge.

cruizes said:
Also after speaking with 2 attorneys I have found out that the FOREIGNER WILL NEVER WIN IN ARGENTINA! You can send all types of letters to the landlady but unless you want to actually go to court, and pay for it, there is no way she has to return SHIT! Again WTF

This is naive, what do you expect, to solve it with letters saying what????? a Spell?
You have to go to Court here and in China.

cruizes said:
So in summary I was told to always expect your deposit to be lost. So if there is something in your apartment that you want to keep or sell I would definately do it. You have nothing to lose because I was also told that you wouldn't go to jail because no one goes to jail in Argentina. This was told to me by a lawyer. And does anyone think that things will ever get better here?
VIVA ARGENTINA

You can go to jail for doing that for sure because this is a criminal case and you have no address in Argentina.

In NYC it might be the same, it is all about to do not give such a huge deposit or to do not pay the last month.

Going to Court is simple and profitable because they have a real state, so, they cannot escape. The renting contract, regarding the deposit, is like a check you cash at Court, the procedure is fast and the only defense they can use is 1) fake signature. So, the best way to protect your self if to ask for his fingerprint at the contract, if you do that, they realize you have proper legal advice and this is more than enough to get your deposit back at the end of the contract.
Regards

EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING!

Went to AFIP and met the nicest people there that were very excited and pleased to fill out the necessary forms to start an investigation. This won't help me but OMG the owner, Liliana Graciela Miculan will be surprised since she hasn't been paying taxes on her property income! And they were also very interested in www.homesba.com and the owner Tomas Laffaye for the same reason. Do these people really think that we are stupid and won't react to them?

cruizes said:
EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING!

Went to AFIP and met the nicest people there that were very excited and pleased to fill out the necessary forms to start an investigation. This won't help me but OMG the owner, Liliana Graciela Miculan will be surprised since she hasn't been paying taxes on her property income! And they were also very interested in www.homesba.com and the owner Tomas Laffaye for the same reason. Do these people really think that we are stupid and won't react to them?

Cruizes, Im delighted that someone at least wants to hear your story and offer to help. With elections looming the Afip is busy with the big grains companies looking for billions in tax evasion so this case may or not be investigated and prosecuted but either way you can feel happy you did something about the crime. Remember life is all about give and take and these people who take without giving will always but always meet their natural end which is misery as greed always begets misery in the end. I´m happyto see you find the positive end to this sad tale.

Back