Another medical insurance question!

hankscott

Registered
I'm considering purchasing a Cigna outpatient and inpatient insurance policy (covering Argentina only). It adds up to about $600 a month. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'd love to find something less expensive, but being over 60 makes that difficult

I had CIGNA for the 1st year I was in ARG. That gave me time to get Hospital Italiano coverage. I was 69 then, but had to have a blood sample analysis and a questionnaire for medical history before I was enrolled. CIGNA was way too expensive to extend the contract after one year.

I'm considering purchasing a Cigna outpatient and inpatient insurance policy (covering Argentina only). It adds up to about $600 a month. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'd love to find something less expensive, but being over 60 makes that difficult
Hosp Italiano should take you if you are under 69 and don't have serious conditions. It should be about 250- 300k pesos monthly.

I had CIGNA for the 1st year I was in ARG. That gave me time to get Hospital Italiano coverage. I was 69 then, but had to have a blood sample analysis and a questionnaire for medical history before I was enrolled. CIGNA was way too expensive to extend the contract after one year.
Which insurance did you switch to?

A question about PAMI:

As far as foreigners are concerned, to qualify for coverage, is it necessary to be a naturalized citizen for ten years or a "legal resident" for twenty years prior?

I also had Cigna for the first few years I was here. I gave up on it due to what I considered to be excessive price hikes every time I renewed. Also, recovering money from them is quite complicated, you need to pay first, and then recoup the costs of your treatment. taking into account their exclusions and excesses. Their customer service was pretty poor.

I switched to OSDE 210 which was about 50% of the Cigna price (it still is, I see), and with better coverage in Argentina.

A question about PAMI:

As far as foreigners are concerned, to qualify for coverage, is it necessary to be a naturalized citizen for ten years or a "legal resident" for twenty years prior?
LPR for 10+ yrs would suffice. 10+ yrs of LPR also qualifies you to receive PUAM pension.

LPR for 10+ yrs would suffice. 10+ yrs of LPR also qualifies you to receive PUAM pension.
I just looked at the info on this page (which I first read almost two years ago) and it looks like 20 years of LPR is "still" a prerequisite for PAUM and PAMI

Has something changed that has made the 20 year LPR requirement obsolete...and the website has yet to be updated?

Back