Anses - cuil

jp said:
You should be able to get your CUIL with just your precaria (i think) but best check with someone more knowledgeable.

yes this is correct. A colleague has literally walked in the door from getting his precaria. He and the gestor went to ANSES to get the CUIL straight away and the office is completely closed at the moment.

Popper, in 40 days (or perhaps it is 30) you return to migraciones for the disposicion. That is the more official version of the precaria you already have. Nothing is put into your passport, you have to ensure to carry that document if you plan to leave and re-enter the country.

ok - annoying that you have to carry another piece of paper to leave/enter the country. Can you carry a photocopy or do you have to have the original? Last question I promise :)

Popper said:
ok - annoying that you have to carry another piece of paper to leave/enter the country. Can you carry a photocopy or do you have to have the original? Last question I promise :)

my original looks like a scrappy photocopy anyways! The pages aren't even aligned straight! I thought the temporary precaria looked much more official! I've not left the country since having this so not sure about the original/photocopy situation. When you get it you can check to see if anything about it seems original. I would imagine the only difference will be if there is a stamp or signature.

I agree it would be easier if they would just put something in the passport!

For the record, the paper you get for your perm residency is as scrappy as that!

Popper said:
I know there is information scattered around about obtaining a CUIL but I couldn't find the information I needed. I went to migraciones last week and now have my CERTIFICADO DE RESIDENCIA PRECARIA and need to go to ANSES to get my CUIL. Has anyone done this recently? Do I need to make an appointment on their site? If so, can someone provide the url? Also, what do I need to take with me? Passport, the certificate from migraciones, anything else?

Thanks.

Thanks for all the info but i am still bemused. I have searched for hours on how to get my CERTIFICADO DE RESIDENCIA and have found nothing.

Can someone please tell me how i can get it???

Thanks so much

aidan

aidanlawlor said:
Thanks for all the info but i am still bemused. I have searched for hours on how to get my CERTIFICADO DE RESIDENCIA and have found nothing.

Thanks so much

aidan

You need to go to "migraciones" and apply for your residency permit. When that is approved, they give you a "certificado de residencia precaria". This is basically a letter saying that your residency has been approved and that you have the legal right to live in the country.

Thanks so much...

so the question is......

What documents do i need to take to Migraciones to obtain my
CERTIFICADO DE RESIDENCIA PRECARIA???

thanks again for the quick reply.

cheers

Aidan

aidanlawlor said:

Thanks so much

aidan

http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas...ersiones_extranjeras/permanecer_argentina.php

General Information:

The Argentine Immigration Policy is governed by the provisions of Law No. 25,871. In this way, all individuals who want to legally reside in the Argentine Republic shall be included in any of the criteria for temporary or permanent admission listed in sections 22 and 23 of the abovementioned law.

For that purpose, the Immigration Bureau (Dirección Nacional de Migraciones) shall request not only the personal documents but also any document evidencing the fact that the person requesting this residence is under any of the admission criteria.

For operating purposes, and pursuant to the provisions of the laws in force, the manners and requirements to obtain a residence-either temporary or permanent- are different according to whether the applicant is a native citizen from the Member and Associate Countries of the MERCOSUR (Southern Common Market) or from the Extra-MERCOSUR.

In the following sub-sections, we will examine the different admission criteria and necessary documents to obtain a temporary residence in the Argentine Republic.

It is important to mention that the following visas shall be granted directly by the Immigration Bureau (Dirección Nacional de Migraciones), but can also be granted by the nearest Argentine Consulate of the foreigner's daily residence, prior approval by the Immigration Bureau (Dirección Nacional de Migraciones).

It is very important to take into account that, prior to obtaining the entrance permit, when a person (extra Mercosur) enters the country, the individuals or legal entities shall apply for their enrollment with the Applicants' Registry, granted by the same entity, which authorizes them to hire foreign people.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE:

Documents requested:

Any person who intends to enter and stay in Argentina on a temporary basis shall have the following personal documents:
A - Identity: identity is evidenced by Passport, Identity Card or Certificate of Nationality, all of which must be in FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
B - Last entry to the country: It is evidenced by the seal stamped by migration authorities in the corresponding Passport or Entry Card.
C - Certificate of criminal records issued by the country of origin or the place where the person has lived for the last 5 years prior to his/her entry to the country (only required for those people who are over 16 years old)
D - Police Criminal Record Certificate issued by the Argentine Federal Police (Policía Federal Argentina) or the National Registry of Recurrence (Registro Nacional de Reincidencia) (only for those over 18 years old): they are obtained at Building No. 4 of the Immigration Bureau (Dirección Nacional de Migraciones) from 9 AM to 12 AM, at Azopardo 620 (Argentine Federal Police), or Tucumán 1353 (National Registry of Recurrence) both in the city of Buenos Aires. This last document is only required when residence is applied for directly at Immigrations once the applicant is already in Argentina.

IMPORTANT:
- Any documents issued abroad must be certified by the Argentine Consulate in the country where the documents where issued or certified with the seal "Apostille" (for non-bordering countries adopting Hague Convention of 1961) or certified by Consulate of the country where the documents were issued in Argentina.
- Any documents written in a foreign language (except for documents issued in Portuguese within the territory of Brazil) shall be translated into Spanish by a National Sworn Translator and certified by the Translators Association (Colegio de Traductores ) in which the professional is registered.
- Any documents shall be filed in original and photocopy, for their certification.

Residence fee:

A fee of ARG$ 600 (six hundred Argentine Pesos) in cash shall be charged for diligences of residence.

The following people are exempted from the fee:
1 - those who are under 16 (sixteen) years old who apply for residence together with their parents.
2 - asylees or refugees.
3 - those declared indigent, by filing the corresponding certificate issued by the competent authority (Civil Registry, Justice of the Peace, etc.)

THanks again.

To clarify matters and not to pester you.

What i really want is a CUIL.

That is all I need.

I have been offered a position in a company here and i am awaiting the contract.

But they informed me that i can get a CUIL in order to start work. And after i start work and have the contract we can apply for my VISA.

So all i need to know are the steps involved in obtaining a CUIL.

Will an extension to my current 90 day tourist visa be sufficient to take to Anses to obtain a CUIL.

sorry again for all the questions but as you can see i am a little confused.

Thanks

Aidan

aidanlawlor said:
THanks again.

To clarify matters and not to pester you.

What i really want is a CUIL.

That is all I need.

I have been offered a position in a company here and i am awaiting the contract.

But they informed me that i can get a CUIL in order to start work. And after i start work and have the contract we can apply for my VISA.

So all i need to know are the steps involved in obtaining a CUIL.

Will an extension to my current 90 day tourist visa be sufficient to take to Anses to obtain a CUIL.

sorry again for all the questions but as you can see i am a little confused.

Thanks

Aidan

A couple members have posted that they were able to get a CUIT from AFIP, but they were "working" as independent contractors. I don't recall anyone posting that they got a CIUL (employee taxpayer number) without having residency. Hopefully, if anyone has done so they will share that information. Otherwise, why not just go to the ANSES office and ask? (I wouldn't inquire at migraciones while asking for the extension, however.)

Back